Restricted access to Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield is still in effect for AIE Pass, AIE Card, and Veteran's Health Identification Card (VHIC) holders.  Passes that have been issued for Taxi/Ride Share, visitation or recreation are suspended until further notice.  For more information visit:
*Restricted Access*
1.       “Due to covid-19 and restrictions from the Commanding General, no visitor passes are available without an exception to policy letter from the Soldiers Company, Battalion, or Brigade Commander. 
2.      Contractors on official business and commercial vehicle drivers may obtain a pass from the commercial vehicle gate located on west 15th street (Gate 7C). 
3.      The trusted traveler status has been suspended meaning everyone in the vehicle needs to have a valid DoD ID card, or a visitor pass.”

How to get through the Stewart-Hunter gates:

If you don’t have a Military ID:

If you don’t have a Military ID, Report to the installation Visitor Control Center, a background check will need to be completed prior to entering installation.  Everyone 18 years and older will need a government issued ID (such as drivers’ license or passport).

LONG-TERM PASS (BANNER IN THE MIDDLE) CHANGES: CHANGE 1 YEAR TO 6 MONTHS; under wait 72 hours, change wording to say “Your sponsor will notify you if you were denied or approved.  Bring your valid ID or passport to the visitor center to obtain an extended AIE card”.

If you have a Dependent ID:

No need to stop at the Visitor Control Center. You’re dependent military ID gets you on post without the need for a pass. Everyone over 18 in your car will need to show identification at the gate though (if they don’t need a military ID, drivers licenses will suffice).

If you have a Military ID (CAC):

Simply show your CAC to the MPs when you come through. You will have to show identification for everyone in your car over 18 years of age, however (they don’t need a CAC, just you).

Ft Stewart


Primary:(912) 767-7750

Primary: (912) 767-7750

Sunday 9:00am-4:00pm
Monday 5:00am-5:00pm
Tuesday 5:00am-5:00pm
Wednesday 5:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 5:00am-5:00pm
Friday 5:00am-5:00pm
Saturday 5:00am-5:00pm

BLDG 101
Fort Stewart Front Gate, West General Screven way
Fort Stewart GA 31314

NOTICE: Fort Stewart Front Gate

Hunter AAF


Primary:(912) 315-2588/2040

Primary: (912) 315-2588/2040

Sunday 09:00 - 16:00
Monday 06:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 06:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 06:00 - 18:00
Sunday 06:00 - 18:00
Friday 06:00 - 18:00
Saturday 06:00 - 18:00

BLDG 1400
Montgomery St
Hunter Army Airfield GA 31409

NOTICE: Inside Montgomery Gate


Physical Security Division (DES)


Bldg 226

Bultman Ave

Fort Stewart, GA 31314


Visitor Control Center:

Mon. - Fri. 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat. - Sunday/DONSA 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.


Can I Uber or Lyft on post?

All Taxi/Uber/Lyft drivers require a valid Fort Stewart/HAAFvisitor pass even if the fare is a DOD ID cardholder.

Taxi/Uber/Lyft companies are NOT authorized access to theinstallation as a Trusted Traveler.

Must be vetted and issued a VCC pass.

Drivers will be turned around.

Sponsorship requirements for all passengers who are non-IDcardholders apply IAW AR190-13.

Soldiers and Family members must be aware that they will becharged their current fare and have to arrange additional transportation fromthe Gate if they are picked up by an non-vetted driver.

Fort Stewart HAAF Firearms Regulation

Persons bringing firearms onto the installation must comply with Fort Stewart regulation 190-11’s rules requiring registration of all weapons on the installation, unless exempt. Persons bringing firearms onto the installation must also comply with the regulations carry and use requirements. Fort Stewart regulation 190-11 is punitive regulation and violations of it may result in administrative action or prosecution under the UCMJ. Civilians who violate this regulation may be subject to administrative action and criminal prosecution.

Welcome Home Ceremonies

All visitors 18 years old and older must have a visitor passissued from either Hunter Army Airfield or Fort Stewart visitor center. Bring your valid state issued ID or passportto have a background check completed. Everyone 18 years old and older must come inside to receive theirpass. Once you have cleared thebackground check, a pass will be issued.

How do I get on post if I don't have a Military ID?

Mustbe 18 and older-& have a sponsor/COR

Can I get on post with a dependent Military ID?

Yes. There is no need to stop at the Visitor Control Center if you have a dependent ID. Simply show your ID when driving through the gate.

What if I forgot my CAC or ID?

You have to go to the Visitor Control center to get a visitor pass if you don't have your military ID - or you can ask someone to bring it to you.

Do my passengers need a military ID?

No. If you have your Military ID, they can ride with you onto post but they MUST have their own government-issued ID. All Non-Affiliated personnel must have PictureID (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, etc.) Because of required 100% ID Check

Do my passengers need to get a background check?

No, not if they are riding with you.

Can I apply for a pass in advance?

Yes! You can apply for a visitors pass up to 30 days in advance. Call the Visitor Control Center for details.

What if my children have military IDs but I don't? Can I still get on post?

Yes,but you will need to get a pass through the Visitor Center. Childrencannot sponsor people to come on post.

I work for a Federal Agency. Is my ID valid?


I'm a state official with identification. Do I need a visitor pass?

No. Any state or city employee with a valid state/county/city issued ID can access the installation.

Are the rules different for bike-riders?

No. All persons, including bike riders, either need a CAC or a visitor pass to get on post.

Can I use my VA ID to get on post?

Yes,but you must register the card inside the Visitor Center before it can be usedto access post.

Can I use my Gold Star ID to get on post?

No, but you can get a Survivor AIE card inside the Visitor Center that will be good for three years.

What if I'm getting married on post?

Provide a by name list of ALL guests, caters, etc. to the Visitor Control Center 2 weeks in advance. All visitors on the list will require proper identification or a DoD escort.

Are motor homes allowed on post?


Will the Guards search my car?

The Guards conduct random car inspectionswe never search.

How to get a long term pass on Fort Stewart Hunter Army Airfield


Obtaining short-term and long-term passes made simple! Follow the steps on the flow chart and you'll be driving through the gates in no time!

Step 1

First here's the form you need:

FORM 2737-E-R

Fill it out and send it to your supervisor. We prefer you type it up.

Don't have a computer? No problem! Download the Adobe Fill & Sign App and do everything from your phone.



Step 2

Once you're done, your supervisor will submit it using AMRDEC or the Visitor Control Center.

In AMRDEC ⚠, please set the Recipient address at


Step 3

Step 3 is easy, just wait 72 hours for processing. If you don't get a call, you're good to go! Head to the Visitor Control Center to get your Pass.