RIA at HPCON-Alpha
The senior commander at Rock Island Arsenal authorized a change in the installation's operational status to Health Protection Condition - Alpha, effective Sept. 19. On Aug. 8, 2022, the Department of Defense issued a memo updating guidance directing Health Protection Level to coincide with CDC county levels. HPCON Alpha now coincides with Low county transmission in Rock Island County. HPCON-Alpha lifts the restrictions on indoor locations. With this change, the following recommendations have been issued by the Department of Defense:
- Less than 100 percent of normal occupancy in the workplace, with telework as appropriate.
- Communicate to personnel how and when to report illness and seek care for potential influenza-like illness.
- Common areas and large venues (e.g., sit-down dining, movie theaters, gyms, sporting venues, and commissaries) should adhere to established cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- DoDEA schools will operate following CDC recommendations and guidelines specific to schools as implemented in operational procedures and guidance from the Director, DoDEA. Children are not required to mask. Any DoD guidance that is more stringent than CDC guidance must be followed.
- Follow any other applicable Force Health Protection Guidance at: www.defense.gov/Spotlights/Coronavirus-DOD-Response/Latest-DOD-Guidance
Senior leadership and health personnel at the Rock Island Arsenal continue to encourage the Arsenal workforce and their families to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Any questions regarding this change should be addressed through your supervisory chain. For more information, please reference the full updated DoD memorandum located at:
This decision has been made in accordance with our medical professionals, the latest CDC guidance, and Army/DoD guidelines to ensure the safety, health, and the wellbeing of our workforce. To learn more about community levels, please visit the CDC site here: