Key Links for Media
The U.S. Army Garrison-Rock Island Arsenal Public Affairs Office manages internal and external information programs for the Garrison Commander. In doing so, Public Affairs provides guidance, counsel, plans and assistance in the areas of: Community Relations, Internal Information, and Media Relations. It is the face to the public for the installation.
Island Fact Book - a compilation of the Island's major organizations and their missions. Click here to access the fact bookFact Book. Island Insight - a publication authorized under AR 360-1 to provide information on people, policies, operations, technical developments, trends and ideas of, about, and of interest to the Rock Island Arsenal community. It is published weekly using word processor software and Adobe PhotoShop using Portable Document Format reproduction for online distribution with the use of federal funds under provisions of AR 360-1 by the Rock Island Arsenal Garrison Public Affairs Office. Click here to access the latest Island Insight.
Media Queries - (309) 782-1121
Island Insight Question - (309) 782-7528
Hours: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The deadline for Island Insight submissions is noon on Tuesday to be included the next day in Island Insight.
- Civilian date and time must be used in all announcements. example: March 26, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Announcements must be written in complete sentences.
- Building must be capitalized when used with a number.
- Announcements should not contain personal information only organization names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Exception: Winners of public events, such as raffles, CFC events, etc. are permitted.
- Announcements will run for three consecutive weeks ahead of the RSVP or event date, whichever comes first.
- If the announcement is for a non-government organization (private organization), a government phone number cannot be used in the announcements. The organization's or the POC's personal phone number must be used.