In accordance with Army Directive 2014-05, all non-DOD ID cardholders must be escorted during their entire time at all Army installations, or be vetted by the Physical Security Office for non-escorted access.
- To obtain credentials for non-escorted access, the Physical Security Office will run a background check through the FBI National Crime Database. Once favorably vetted, individuals will be issued credentials allowing them access to Camp Parks.
- The credentials must be kept with the individual at all times.
The Visitor Control Center is at Building 275 Camp Parks Blvd. and is open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Phone: 925-875-4656.
The Main Gate is open 24/7.
If your driver's license or state ID says "Federal Limits Apply" you must present a second form of ID. (See link below)
Visitor Pass Visitor's Pass application is for family, friends, or acquaintances that are entering the installation and have a valid sponsor. Valid sponsor includes those who have a valid Military/Department of Defense Civilian Common Access Card (CAC), Retiree or Dependent ID Card.
- Visitor Pass Application must have all fields completed prior to submission.
- Visitor's pass applications MUST be emailed from a government email account to the following address or they will be returned without processing. Email applications may also be hand delivered to the visitors center (Bldg 275) with valid sponsor identification.
- Visitors arriving to the installation should proceed to the Visitor Control Center (VCC) during hours of operation or proceed to the Main Access Control Point after hours. All visitors MUST undergo a NCIC III background screening prior to being granted entry. This process can be time-consuming so please plan accordingly.
Contractor Pass Contractors submit employees names through their COR/Government Representative for processing. Sub-Contractors will submit employee's names via the Prime Contractor.
Contractor Officer Representatives "COR's"/Government Representative use this site to obtain access memorandum example:
COR/Government Representative (only) will complete all highlighted areas on the memorandum and submit to:
Vendor Pass Vendor/Service/Delivery arriving to the installation should proceed to the VCC during hours of operation or proceed to the Main Access Control Point after hours.
- All Vendor/Service/Delivery MUST undergo a NCIC III background screening prior to being granted entry. This process can be time-consuming so please plan accordingly
- Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel requiring less then 24 Hours access WILL require a Visitor Vendor Pass application.
- Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel requiring more than 24 Hours access or frequent access WILL require a memorandum from the COR. Contractor Officer Representatives "COR's"/Government Representative use this site to obtain access memorandum example: Example Contractor Memo
- Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel who enter the installation for more than 24 Hours or on a frequent basis will be issued a Camp Parks Access Badge.
- Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel need only present a valid Camp Parks Access Badge and current Government Bill of Lading/Delivery Order/Purchase Order for subsequent entries at the Main ACP.
- The Visitor/Vendor Pass application or COR Memorandum will be completed by the COR/Government Representative and submitted via Government email to: firstname.lastname@example.org