Mr. Daniel M. Hancock
Deputy to the Garrison Commander
United States Army Garrison Humphreys
Installation Management Command Pacific Region
Mr. Hancock, a native of Butte, Montana was appointed as DGC at USAG Humphreys on March 28, 2022, and is charged with providing management oversight for the daily delivery of IMCOM Programs and Services to tenant units and activities at Camp Humphreys and Area III. His previous position was as a Census Field Manager, US Census Bureau, responsible for eleven Colorado counties comprising one quarter of the state during the 2020 decennial census and is looking forward to resuming his Army civilian career.
His last two Department of the Army assignments were with the Pueblo Chemical Depot where he served as the Deputy to the Installation Commander from 2012-2019, and at USAG Japan as the Deputy to the Garrison Commander from 2010-2012. While serving in Japan, he led garrison operations in support of Operation Tomodachi relief efforts after the Great Tsunami and garrison recovery from the Great Tohoku earthquake.
Mr. Hancock’s civilian education incudes a Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Montana, a Master of Education from National-Louis University and a Master of Strategic Studies from the Air War College.
His significant professional training includes, the inaugural class of the Department of Defense Senior Leadership Development Program (DSLDP), Air War College, IMCOM Senior Leader / Garrison Pre-Command Course, Personnel Management for Executives I & II, and the Continuing Education for Senior Leaders (CESL) course. He is also is a graduate of the Army Management Staff College’s Sustaining Base Leadership and Management (SBLM) program at FT Belvoir, Virginia.
Mr. Hancock has had numerous Military and DA Civilian assignments:
- Operation Desert Storm where he served as a squad leader.
- Platoon Leader and Frankfurt Aerial Terminal OIC, 68th Transportation Company, Mannheim, Germany
- S-1, 28th Transportation Battalion, Mannheim, Germany
- Operations Officer, 293rd Base Support Battalion, Mannheim, Germany
- Plans Officer, 22nd Area Support Group (DAC), Vicenza, Italy
- Commander, 693rd and 793rd Transportation Detachments (USAR), Vicenza, Italy
- Supervisory Staff Administrator, 300th Transportation Group (USAR military technician), Butler, PA
- Operations Officer, 300th Transportation Group (USAR), Butler, PA
- Professor and Program Director, Army Management Staff College (DAC), FT Belvoir, VA
- Commander, 319th Engineer CO, which he deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom (USAR), Butler, PA
- Chief of Staff/Civilian Executive Assistant, Pueblo Chemical Depot (DAC), Pueblo, Colorado
- Project Officer, Command Group, USAG Hawaii (USAR Individual Mobilization Augmentee)
- Deputy Commander, Deseret Chemical Depot (DAC), Tooele, Utah
Mr. Hancock has numerous military and civilian awards, including the Meritorious Service Medal and Meritorious Civilian Service Awards.