Question: How do I gain entrance onto military training lands such as the Donnelly Training Area?

All recreational users on USAGAK lands 16 years of age or older must register for an account with isportsman and obtain a Recreation Access Permit (RAP) and sign in to the USAGAK isportsman system before recreating. The RAP is free and good for 2 years. You can check in the day of or the day before your outing for up to 14 days and no check-out required.

All areas that are determined open for recreational use may be closed temporarily during periods of military use. Recreational areas are areas that are open to all types of recreation, including off-road vehicles (ORVs). Off-Limit and Impact Areas are restricted to public access and use year round.

How to Gain Recreational Access to USAGAK Training Lands:

1. Obtain a Recreation Access Permit (RAP)  You can obtain a RAP on this web site by selecting Register on the blue menu bar at the top of the home page.  When you register you will be obtaining your RAP at the same time.

2. Check-In through isportsman You may check-in through this website by selecting Checkin on the blue menu bar at the top of the home page , or by calling the automated phone system 877-250-9781. When checking in with isportsman, please remember that you must have a valid RAP, and that you will not be allowed to check in to areas which have been closed due to Army training activities.


Question: What is Fort Greely's Privately Owned Weapons Policy?

Please see the following link: Fort Greely Privately Owned Weapons Policy

Question: How do I find Records for a friend/relative who was in the Army?

Contact the National Personnel Records Center at:

Civilian Records Facility
111 Winnebago Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63118-4199

Military Records Facility
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis Missouri 63132-5100

Phone: (800) 318-5298

At minimum, please include the service member's complete name, social security number and/or serial number, and the requester's return address. Website is:

Question: I am interested in the background and history of an Army unit. How do I get this information?

Center for Military History
Military History Institute
Center for Army Lesson Learned
Combat Studies Institute Historical Services
World War One
World War Two
Civil War