Visitor Information:

Vehicles entering Fort Greely are required to have either an adult authorized ID cardholder in the vehicle or an authorized visitor pass. To obtain the pass, the vehicle operator must process at the visitor center and present the following: A valid vehicle registration, proof of current vehicle insurance, valid driver's license. 

Visitor Center (Contractor/Visitor Passes):

  • Mon-Fri
  • 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Closed from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch 
  • Closed weekends and federal holidays

Donnelly Training Area:

All recreational users on U.S. Army Garrison Alaska lands 16 years of age or older must register for an account with isportsman and obtain a Recreation Access Permit (RAP) and sign in to the USAGAK isportsman system before recreating. The RAP is free and good for 2 years. You can check in the day of or the day before your outing for up to 14 days and no check-out required. A RAP can be obtained online via the USAGAK ISPORTSMAN website. 

All areas that are determined open for recreational use may be closed temporarily during periods of military use. Recreational areas are areas that are open to all types of recreation, including off-road vehicles (ORVs). Off-Limit and Impact Areas are restricted to public access and use year round.

How to Gain Recreational Access to USAGAK Training Lands:

1. Obtain a Recreation Access Permit (RAP)  You can obtain a RAP on this web site by selecting Register on the blue menu bar at the top of the home page.  When you register you will be obtaining your RAP at the same time.

2. Check-In through isportsman You may check-in through this website by selecting Checkin on the blue menu bar at the top of the home page , or by calling the automated phone system 877-250-9781. When checking in with isportsman, please remember that you must have a valid RAP, and that you will not be allowed to check in to areas which have been closed due to Army training activities.

Visit USAGAK ISPORTSMAN for more information.