Army Personnel Testing Program
The Area IV Education Centers at both Camp Henry and Camp Carroll provide opportunities to take Army Personnel Testing (APT) tests. Tests included in the APT program are the following:
1. Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT)
2. Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT)
3. Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB)
4. Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
5. English Language Test/American Language Course Placement Test (ALCPT)
6. Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
7. E-Exam (Computer-based testing program for Air Force Career Development Courses (CDC) – Non-APT Test
8. Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) – Non-APT Test
9. Basic Math and Science Test (BMST) – Non-APT Test
Upon eligibility requirements, Soldiers can take the above tests at their local Education Center. For APT tests, Soldiers are required to complete the DA Form 4187 with their Commander’s signature of approval when scheduling the test. The DA Form 4187 will be submitted to the Education Center Test Examiner upon requesting a test date.
To take one of the aforementioned tests, please contact the Area IV Education Center Testing Examiner at either the Camp Henry Education Center Testing Office at 763-4923 or Camp Carroll Education Center Testing Office at 763-4922. Test scheduling is done by appointment only.
National Testing Center
The National Testing Center (NTC) is a certified testing facility inside the Camp Henry Education Center (Bldg. S-1840) which supports job qualification examinations and other program civilian certifications. Additionally, the NTC administers College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST), Pearson VUE, and Excelsior College exams. The NTC considers proctored third-party examination on request as well.
Active duty Soldiers, Department of the Army Civilians (DACs), U.S. federal employees, and command sponsored civilians are eligible to utilize the NTC testing facility.
Personnel who utilize the NTC are required to present two forms of valid photo identification for Pearson VUE examinations and only one form of a valid photo identification for all other tests.
If you are interested in earning credit or certifications through testing services, please contact the University of Maryland Global Campus NTC Program Coordinator at 768-7857. The Area IV Camp Henry Education Center (Bldg. S-1840) hosts the University of Maryland Global Campus Asia NTC inside room 206.