- Environmental Division Brochure (English | German)
- News – click here to read about the latest environmental events in the USAG Bavaria community
- Lead Safety at USAG Bavaria
- Legionella Safety at USAG Bavaria
- Integrated Training Area Management & Sustainable Range Program (ITAM & SRP)
- Army Range Mapper (TAP IN) CAC Access Required
> Environmental Policies
- Our commitment. We are committed to protecting the environment and ensuring a safe place for Soldiers and their Families to work, train, and live by minimizing hazards to human health and the environment. We work to prevent pollution of air, water and land through waste management programs.
- Military Hazardous Substance Handling. Use of hazardous substances is inherent to the operation and maintenance of military vehicles. The most common hazardous materials are POL (petroleum, oil, and lubricants), oil filters, aerosol cans, antifreeze and batteries.
- Environmental Training. USAG Bavaria offers training classes to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with host nation and U.S. environmental regulations. Contact your local environmental division to obtain onsite training dates and locations.
- Environmental Officer Training
- Asbestos Training
- Spill Prevention Training
- Household Hazardous Substances and Electronic Waste. A close look through your household will reveal many cases of hazardous materials or waste that are harmful to the environment and human health. A few examples are toilet cleaners, oven cleaners, air fresheners, stain removers, chrome polish, oil filters, automotive fluids, batteries, thermometers, spray cans, solvents, paints and lacquers.
Electronic waste (E-waste) contains toxic substances like lead, mercury, cadmium, but also re-usable substances, e.g. copper or aluminum.
By European and German law, household hazardous waste and E-waste must be collected and disposed of separately from household waste. For disposal information and locations, visit:
Outdoor Recreation and Environmental Education
- Environmental Trail — Tower Barracks. The nature trail, a 1.6 mile loop complete with educational signs, is located at the Wild B.O.A.R. Outdoor Recreation Center, RC600, Tank Road, Tower Barracks. The trail leads visitors through a beautiful forest and introduces them to the ecology and environmental protection in the Grafenwoehr Training Area.
- Green Classroom. The Green Classroom at Rose Barracks The Green Classroom, located next to the commissary complex, provides everyone with a place to play in a natural surrounding and learn about nature. MORE DETAILS HERE.
- Hohenfels Green Classroom and Trail. The Green Classroom Trail, a 1.5 mile loop complete with educational signs, is located just above the Hohenfels Festplatz in Camp Nainhof. It provides everyone with a place to explore the outdoors and learn about nature.
- Guided Tours. Group guided tours of these outdoor recreation areas can be requested by contacting the Environmental Division.
- Environmental Education Presentations and Programs. Please contact us if you would like a presentation or activity for your military unit, Army department, school class, home school group, Girl Scout Troop or Boy Scout Troop.
- Earth Day. Earth Day is April 22. To demonstrate our commitment to environmental protection, USAG Bavaria celebrates Earth Day with various events each year. Please contact us if you have ideas for activities and service projects.
- Experience Spring Contest. Kids ages 3-12 are welcome to join us for a fun contest of celebrating the coming of spring. The contest involves discovering and learning about the four plant and animal spring messengers and getting creative – write a poem, create a play, start a nature journal – there are no boundaries to your imagination. For more information about the contest and the designated spring signs, visit: