The USAG Bavaria Army Community Service's Employment Readiness Program tracks available job listings in the USAG Bavaria footprint, to include installations at Grafenwoehr, Vilseck, Hohenfels and Garmisch. This list is aimed at helping community members identify job opportunities and find employment while in Bavaria.


Job announcements for local national (LN) employees in the USAG Bavaria footprint, to include installations at Grafenwoehr, Vilseck, Hohenfels and Garmisch. For more, visit the Civilian Human Resources Agency - Europe Region website.


This handbook serves as a ready reference for relocating spouses and family members to USAG Bavaria.


USAjobs.gov provides a listing of available jobs in Grafenwoehr and Vilseck. In the location search bar, the specific location, such as "Grafenwohr, Germany" or "Vilseck, Germany" or "Hohenfels, Germany" or Garmisch, Germany" to find jobs in the area. To learn how to use the site to your advantage, contact Army Community Services (ACS) and ask about their Employment Readiness Program.


DeCA Commissaries are located at both Tower Barracks  and Rose Barracks .


This site is intended to provide an opportunity for new applicants to express interest in positions available at the Exchange.


Search the bid board for available positions. Contact the 928th Contracting Battalion Regional Contracting Office  for questions on how to bid on a contract.


DoDEA-Europe is the organization governing American schools in USAG Bavaria. When search jobs, look for positions in any of our five schools: Grafenwoehr Elementary/Middle SchoolNetzaberg Elementary SchoolNetzaberg Middle SchoolVilseck Elementary School or Vilseck High School .


This section implemented measures to increase employment opportunities for spouses of members of the Armed Forces.


You may be eligible for a position in the German economy.


Military personnel, DOD civilian employees and their family members can operate home-based businesses (HBBs), and other commercial solicitation to provide goods and services to other U.S. forces members and affiliates.
Family members stationed in Europe may want to work out of their home and try their hand at starting a business in or out of their government quarters.
Examples of supported businesses and services are tutoring, singing and dancing lessons, photography, crafts, some cosmetic services, accounting and tax services, word processing and similar enterprises. In addition, multi-level sales activities (i.e. Avon, Tupperware and Mary Kay) are typical HBB activities. Family Childcare (FCC) providers and private organization fundraising activities are not considered HBBs.
Products and services that come into direct competition with on-post providers, such as Army and Air Force Exchange Service, Family and MWR, and other non-appropriated fund activities, are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and are generally not permitted. Additionally, the sale of goods and services against the morale and good order of the community are strictly prohibited.
Services involving hair styling, cutting and coloring; baking and food preparation; children; and party activities are heavily regulated by German law. Individuals interested in operating an HBB related to these activities must comply with host nation and local laws regarding licensure and work permits. Business owners may also be subject to host nation taxes and fees.
All HBB owners, regardless of business or location, are subject to in-person sanitation reviews conducted by the Army and the German government.
DOD-sponsored personnel who operate unauthorized HBBs or violate Army regulation may be face disciplinary action, loss of individual logistic support, denial of access to Army installations in Europe and removal from housing.
To report unauthorized businesses or commercial activities, contact the Customs Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Tower Barracks Home-Based Business Office (Office of Commercial Affairs) at DSN 475-8292/8294, CIV 09641-83-8292/8294. In Hohenfels, call DSN 466-4603, CIV 09472-83-4603. 
  • STEP 1: Know your business. Review the On-Post Commercial Solicitation Regulation (AER 210-70) and develop a business plan to present to Commercial Affairs Office. Individuals living in government-leased or owned housing should use the HBB Government Housing Application. Individuals living in private-leased housing should use the HBB Private Rental Application.
  • STEP 2: Visit the Commercial Affairs Office. The HBB team will walk you through the application and the next steps to set up your business. The office is located at Tower Barracks, Bldg. 621, Rm. 220. Please check-in at the MPD front desk prior. In Hohenfels, go to Bldg. 33 Rm. 204.
  • STEP 3: Review through the host nation trade office. Have your business proposal reviewed and approved by the host nation trade office. A list of trade offices, as well as corresponding addresses and contact information, is included in the application packet.
  • STEP 4: Submit the application. Once your business is approved by the trade office, bring the completed application to the Commercial Affairs Office, along with a typed catalogue or price listing and all other required documentation. The review process can take anywhere from three to eight weeks, depending on the nature and location of the business.
  • STEP 5: Attend a customs brief. Customs officers will give approved prospective business owners a customs orientation and cover the terms of U.S., host nation and SOFA agreements.
  • STEP 6: Pick up the approval packet. Return to the Commercial Affairs Office with the customs brief certificate. The HBB program manager will give you a final approval packet, authorizing operation of the HBB or commercial solicitation.
  • STEP 7: Renewal. The HBB or commercial solicitation must be approved every 2 years or the date indicated in the authorization packet.