To qualify for Legal Assistance you must have a valid military identification card and fall into one of the following categories:

  • Active Duty Military Members and their dependents
  • Reserve and Guard Members who are on active duty and their dependents
  • Retired military members and their dependents. If you are a "gray area" retired reservist or guardsman or a dependent of one of them, you must be receiving retirement pay to be eligible for service. Please note you must have a military ID card to be eligible.
  • Other individuals in unique circumstances may be eligible if they have a valid military identification card


What We Can Help With

Note: We cannot give legal advice by phone or by email

Real Property

Real Estate - Personal

Financial Affairs

Consumer Fraud
Credit Protection
Military Sentinel
Identity Theft

Family Law

Dependent Support
Divorce and Separation
Locating Servicemembers
Name Change
International Parental Child Abduction


Powers of Attorney

Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

Template Letter For Lease Termination


(31 Jan - 17 Apr)

Phone: (210) 295-1040
Hours: M-F 0800-1600

Location: Bldg 133
2450 Dragon Valley Rd

Eligibility: AD, Dep., Ret

No business/rental income;
Exception: Will assist with Child-care
Providers income and rental property
income (2 or fewer) per return



Uniform Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)

Probate - Only JBSA-FSH

Witness & Victims Assistance

The Victim and Witness Assistance Program (VWAP), is a Commander-directed program that is supported by the Staff Judge Advocate Office. The VWAP Program provides guidance for the treatment of victims and witnesses of crime under the UCMJ. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, the Program ensures that victims and witnesses receive the information and assistance they deserve.

Please call your local legal office @ (210) 536-7272 to schedule an appointment with our VWAP coordinator.

Note: Legal Assistance does not extend advice about criminal charges or adverse administrative actions.  Contact the Area Defense Counsel for assistance with these matters.