Medical Evacuation Proponency Division serves as the dapability developer for Army Aeromedical Evacuation (per AR 40-60). MEPD provides guidance and direction for the development of medical evacuation operational concepts and capability requirements across Unified Land Operations for the U.S. Army Medical Department.
- Develop Aeromedical Evacuation Concepts
- Determine and Document AE Capability Requirements
- Develop AE Upgrade and Modernization Strategies
- Develop/Refine AE Unit Designs and Force Structure
- Develop/Refine AE Manpower Structure (ICW AMEDD Personnel Proponent)
- Serve as the AE 'User Representative' in the Acquisition Process
- Chair/Facilitate AE Enterprise Forum
- Manage the Shared and Specified Requirements of the VCSA AE Charter of 2004 (ICW USAACE)
- Chair the AMEDDC&S/HRCoE Medical Evacuation ICDT
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Army AE
Army AE maintains America's trust as an adaptable, capable, expeditionary, and ready force multiplier that enables combatant commanders the ability to respond, prevent, shape, and win while achieving a 95% patient evacuation survivability rate.
Chief, Medical Evacuation Proponency Division
Col. Stephen (Steve) A. Barnes is a native of Madison, Wisconsin, and earned his commission in the Medical Service Corps through Army ROTC at Wheaton College in May 1991. Barnes' duty assignments include service at Fort Benning, Georgia; Fort Rucker, Alabama; Korea; Fort Bragg, North Carolina; Alaska; HRC; and White Sands Missile Range with combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, as well as operational deployments to Bosnia and Central America. READ MORE
Deputy, Medical Evacuation Proponency Division
Lt. Col. John D. Goette Jr. is a native of Savannah, Georgia. He enlisted in the Georgia Army National Guard as a UH-1 repairer in 1992. He graduated from North Georgia College in 1996 with a Bachelor of Science in physics and was commissioned as a 2LT in the Medical Service Corps. He holds a master’s of aeronautical science degree in Aviation Safety and Aviation Operations from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Goette’s military education includes ILE, the U.S. Army Medical Department Officer Basic and... READ MORE