Fort Rucker 24-hour SHARP Hotline: (334) 470-6629
DOD Safe Helpline: 1-877-995-5247
The Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program reinforces the Army's commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault through a comprehensive policy that centers on awareness and prevention, training and education, victim advocacy, response, reporting, and accountability. Army policy promotes sensitive care and confidential reporting for victims of sexual assault and accountability for those who commit these crimes.
The goals of the Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program are:
- Create a climate that minimizes sexual assault incidents, which impact Army personnel, Army civilians and family members, and, if an incident should occur, ensure that victims and subjects are treated according to Army policy.
- Create a climate that encourages victims to report incidents of sexual assault without fear.
- Establish sexual assault prevention training and awareness programs to educate Soldiers.
- Ensure sensitive and comprehensive treatment to restore victims' health and well-being.
- Ensure leaders understand their roles and responsibilities regarding response to sexual assault victims, thoroughly investigate allegations of sexual assault, and take appropriate administrative and disciplinary action.
DoD Guidance, Regulations and Memorandums
- DoD Directive 6495.01: Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program
- DoD Instruction 6495.02 - Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program Procedures
- SECDEF Memo: Sexual Assault and Prevention Initiatives