The Fort Hood Media Relations staff assists members of the news media in reporting on Fort Hood, ensuring the American public has access to information they need to understand the military's role in the community, in support of the nation, and throughout the world. The latest news from the installation is posted on the Fort Hood Press Center available online at www.forthoodpresscenter.com. News media wishing to cover events on Fort Hood should submit their requests on the press center at Submit your question here.
News Media Reporting on Fort Hood
- All news media representatives planning to cover events on Fort Hood must be escorted by a member of the post's Public Affairs Office, or will be refused entry to Fort Hood. Call (254) 287-9993 or (254) 287-0106 to request a PAO escort.
- Members of the news media who have a personal affiliation with the military (spouse or family member) and have a military identification card are instructed to call the PAO at the numbers above for escort when reporting a story. Due to the limited number of PAO staff members available to provide escort, media are asked to request escort support as far in advance as possible.
The Fort Hood Press Center
The Fort Hood Press Center is a one-stop shop for all news media:
- PRESS RELEASES: There, media have access to the latest press releases from every unit on Fort Hood.
- MEDIA QUERIES: Media queries can be submitted through the site to quickly access the right media relations person in each unit just by choosing the unit category.
- BROLL: Direct links are provided for B-roll file footage and photos of past unit activities.
- ORIENTATION VIDEO: New reporters can learn more about Fort Hood Newcomers Video.
Local TV stations:
- KCEN Channel 6 (NBC)
- KWTX Channel 10 (CBS)
- KXXV Channel 25 (ABC)
- KWKT Channel 44 (Fox)
- KNCT Channel 46 (PBS)
- Fort Hood commanders are featured each Thursday at 8:30 a.m. on Waco 100's Zach and Jim Show (Country).
- The Fort Hood area is serviced by many radio stations offering a wide variety of music styles, news, weather and sports.