Welcome and thank you for choosing the USAG Fort Hamilton DEERS/ID Card Section.

To serve you as quickly as possible and eliminate long lines, our hours of operations are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please visit https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/locator 

Please be advised that effective immediately, the ID (DEERS) office will no longer have walk-in hours on Thursdays.  Appointments are required for the ID card section. 

For Additional Information Contact the ID Card Section at Tel: 718-630-4557

ID Card Issuance: Please ensure you have all supporting documents and two valid forms of Identification:

  • Marriage Certificate (Divorce Decree if sponsor was previously married)
  • Birth Certificate (Acknowledge of Paternity if child is born out of wedlock)
  • Social Security Card
  • Letter from Registrar’s office if 21-23; stating full-time enrollment
  • DD 214 and Letter from VA rating of 100% Permanent if a Disabled Veteran

Lost or Stolen ID Card:

For Military Members, DoD Civilians, Dependents, Retirees and Veterans; you will need the following:

 A memorandum or Counseling Statement from the Soldier’s Commander, First Sergeant or Adjutant, employee’s supervisor and/or Garrison Command Sergeant Major; describing the date, place and circumstances of the loss or theft and police report for Local Precinct and Installation Police. Two valid forms of Identification are required (Please see Primary and Secondary Identity source documents)               

Lost Stolen and/or Mutilated Cards should be reported to the Chain of Command, Local Precinct and the Visitors Control Center

Acceptable Forms of ID: Proper identification and documentation is required for service.

Primary ID must be an unexpired photo ID:

Examples are: Uniformed Services CAC/PIV ID card, U.S. passport or a U.S. passport card, Permanent Resident card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551), Foreign passport, Foreign National ID, Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766), Driver's License or an ID card issued by the DMV, U.S. Military dependent's ID card, other Federal Department PIV(Personal Identity Verification) complaint ID card, DoD or Uniformed Services ID card (DD Form 2/2764/2765), Dod Civilian Retiree ID card.

 *Any of the above can also be used as secondary ID as long as they are not the same type of ID*

 Secondary ID (Cannot be the same type as the primary ID, for example two passports.  Must be unexpired)

Examples: U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration, Original or Certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, possession or outlying possession of the US-bearing an official seal, ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agency or entity (provided it contains a photograph), voter's registration card, U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card, Certificate of Citizenship (Fort N-560 or N-561), Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570), U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197), Identification card for Use of Resident Citizen in the U.S. (Form I197), Identification card for Use of Resident Citizen in the U.S. (Form I-179), Certificate of Birth Abroad of Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350), Temporary Resident card (Form I-688A), Reentry Permit (Form I-327), Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571), Employment authorization document issued by Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Employment Authorization document issued by DHS with photograph (Form I-688B), Driver's license issued by a Canadian government entity and a Native American Tribal Document.

Unacceptable forms of ID are:

Examples: Library Card, Work ID, NYPD & FDNY ID, NYC DOE ID, BJ's Costco membership cards, Insurance ID cards, car registration, car insurance, any city ID cards, work badges, government badges, school ID.

These types of identification will not be accepted.