Passport & Status of Forces Agreement Services
> Garrison Passport Services Include:
- Consular Report of Birth (includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
- Passport applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal, name changes and add visa pages)
- SOFA Identification Certificates
Passport Applications (external links)
Official Forms (external links)
- PASSPORT FORMS
- DS-82–Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail (renewals only)
- DS-4085–Application for Additional Visa Pages
- DS-5504–Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement
- DS-3053–Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances for minors under age 16
- LOST OR STOLEN PASSPORTS:
- DS-11–Application for a U.S. Passport
- DS-64–Statement Regarding Lost of Stolen Passport
- Police or Military Police report (obtained from Police)
- FORM SS-5–APPLICATION FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
- AFFIDAVIT OF PARENTAGE AND PHYSICAL PRESENCE
- IMMIGRATION VISA (GREEN CARD)
- U.S. EMBASSY VISA
- INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (ITIN)
- PHOTO GUIDELINES
- TRAVEL VISA – Contact the consulate or embassy of the country to which you are traveling
- REPORT A BIRTH ABROAD
Helpful Links (external)
- U.S. CONSULATE FRANKFURT ⚠
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR MINOR CHILDREN⚠
- CITIZENSHIP FOR MILITARY MEMBERS & DEPENDENTS (USCIS)⚠
- EXPEDITED COPIES OF BIRTH CERTIFICATES (urgent processing via VITALCHEK.com)⚠
- DOD FOREIGN CLEARANCE GUIDE (This access is by government computer only.)⚠
- Do not use the download or fill out the blank .pdf form option
- In the block “mail to” type the following address: USAG Bavaria MPD, Unit 28130 ATTN: Passports APO AE 09114. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
- Be sure to use the applicant’s permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
- Complete the emergency contact section
- Use full German civilian telephone numbers–no DSN
- Provide parent's given name at birth
- Expedite fees are not available overseas
- If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application – Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Applications must be printed only on one side of the paper
Moving to Germany soon? Make sure you have your official passport in hand or ensure that you have applied for one.
The Foreign Clearance Guide has been updated as of Oct. 1, 2022.
SPECIAL ISSUANCE PASSPORT (SIP) REQUIREMENT FOR GERMANY
Eligible family members and DoD civilians on official travel to Germany must have either Special Issuance Passport (SIP) (i.e., No-Fee/ Official Passport) or, after applying for a SIP and if it cannot be obtained prior to departure, use of a regular (Blue Tourist) passport in lieu of the SIP is permissible for travel via MILAIR, contract or commercial air travel.
See Electronic Foreign Clearance Guide (eFCG) for country specific requirements concerning official travel and the use of a SIP or contact your unit-level passport office.
For additional information, or to check on travel requirements, visit https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/fcg.cfm.