Passport & Status of Forces Agreement Services

Important: According to the State Department, all U.S. military-affiliated personnel in Germany must apply for passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad through their local U.S. military installation passport office.

> Garrison Passport Services Include:

  • Consular Report of Birth (includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
  • Passport applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal, name changes and add visa pages)
  • SOFA Identification Certificates

> Passport Applications (external links)


> Official Forms (external links)


> Helpful Links (external)


> Helpful Hints

  • Do not use the download or fill out the blank .pdf form option
  • In the block “mail to” type the following address: USAG Bavaria MPD, Unit 28130 ATTN: Passports APO AE 09114. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
  • Be sure to use the applicant’s permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
  • Complete the emergency contact section
  • Use full German civilian telephone numbers–no DSN
  • Provide parent's given name at birth
  • Expedite fees are not available overseas
  • If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application – Incomplete applications will not be accepted
  • Applications must be printed only on one side of the paper