U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria is located in a region that may experience severe weather and other hazards that can disrupt electrical services.
Click on the blocks below for helpful information on how to be prepared for a power outage.
✪ Denotes an external link
In September, U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria will conduct an exercise to test the resiliency of our power grid at Rose Barracks and Tower Barracks. (This does not include Netzaberg.)
This will be very similar to scheduled power outages we conducted earlier this year; except this time the power outages will be installation wide.
You will see increased communication messages through Alert!, our mass notification system, and on our social media platforms.
Please be aware, messages relating to power outages will not be preceded with “Exercise, Exercise, Exercise” because the power will actually go out, and response actions will be in real time.
To ensure you receive notifications about the scheduled power outages, sign up for Alert! by visiting our website and stay tuned here to our Facebook page.
Please ensure you are prepared for an extended power outage.
U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria uses multiple resources to inform our community about severe weather, emergencies, delays, closures, and more.
- Digital Garrison - Download the free app from your mobile device's app store, create an account, select U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria, and enable push notifications* and/or SMS (text messages)** for information about delays or closures. Check out the announcements for weather alerts, road conditions, and more.
- ALERT! - Visit the ALERT! page for information on how to sign up for the emergency notification system.
- U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria website - Latest information and more can be found on the home page.
- Social Media - Follow us on Facebook ✪, Instagram ✪ and Twitter ✪.
In the event of an emergency call 112.
Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
Keep all electronics fully charged. Have extra batteries ready for flashlights and radios. Avoid candles that can cause house fires.
Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
More information about power outages can be found online at ready.gov/power-outages ✪.
Garage doors can be manually opened during a power outage.
- Ensure the door is not locked and there is nothing preventing it opening
- Unplug the power source to the garage door
- Pull the red emergency cable release cable to open and close the garage door
Be prepared for possible delays and use caution when driving.
The outage may affect traffic signals; commuters should use caution at all marked intersections.
If you continue to have issues with power in government facilities (including barracks) after power is restored, place a work order through the ArMA website ✪ or call the Directorate of Public Works Call Center at DSN 526-0115, CIV 09641-70-526-0115. For more information visit DPW's Service Order website here.
For on-post facilities, please give some time for the network to come back up online. If services do not return, submit a 119 IT Support Ticket.