We create a ready and resilient platform for troops.
We develop leaders and the workforce.
We aim to provide a first-class protection program.
We deliver the best customer service.
We plan, coordinate, and execute restructure, consolidation and re-stationing.
To request publicity for any event in our online newspaper, marquee, flyers or social media platforms, first submit your event to the USAG Bavaria Community Calendar at least 30 days prior to your event:
Follow these steps:
- Go to HOME.ARMY.MIL/BAVARIA. Situated along the top center of every page is an EVENTS tab, which links to all our calendars.
- Select the GARRISON EVENTS calendar.
- Click "Suggest Event" button located on the calendar (see top left).
- Fill out Event, Location and Description & Images sections (please no images).
- This is the quickest and surest way to get your events uploaded. The PAO staff will be notified and will review and approve quickly. This gives PAO staff visibility on what events need publicity and coverage on all media, to include Facebook, Twitter, website and marquees.
An electronic marquee is located at Rose Barracks and Tower Barracks. Here's how to get your event open to the entire USAG Bavaria community on the marquee:
- Download the USAG BAVARIA MARQUEE TEMPLATE.
- Pick a slide and fill out your event information. Marquees are for events open to the entire USAG Bavaria community only.
- Use high contrast between text and background. Avoid white backgrounds. Minimum font size: 54.
- Limit to less than 25 words. Focus on What, Where & When.
- Send template at least 30 days prior to your event to our GROUP EMAIL ADDRESS.
- Information and related materials are subject to change. PAO reserves the right to change design, font, content or background for best visibility.
Submit a Story for Publication
We welcome articles and announcement submissions from outside unit public affairs representatives and volunteer writers. Community members, garrison staff, school staff and mission partners can submit stories for release in the news section at our website.
Send your timely article as a Word document + 1 landscape photo with caption to our GROUP EMAIL ADDRESS.
(Please send your photo as a separate high-resolution image file.)
Request AFN Support
To request AFN publicity or coverage, visit the AFN BAVARIA WEBSITE ⚠. Submit requests at least 30 days prior to your event.