Soldier Family Legal Services provides confidential counsel to Soldiers, retirees, civilian employees, and their families regarding their personal legal affairs.  The information, advice, and assistance responsive to legal needs enhances morale and is a very important aspect of unit readiness.  We offer a variety of legal services in the following areas: Marriage Services, A-3 Visa/SOFA Stamp Services, Immigration and Naturalization Services, Tax Services, SOFA Liaison Services, and Claims Services.  While many services require an appointment to speak with an attorney, clients can also take advantage of walk-in services to have documents notarized and obtain powers of attorney.

Walk-in Services

  • POWERS OF ATTORNEY. Powers of attorney (POA) are offered on a walk-in basis at any time during business hours. General POAs and specific POAs are available. Please make sure to bring all information related to the powers you are looking to give in a POA. The individual granting the POA must be present.
  • NOTARY SERVICES. Notarial services are offered on a walk-in basis at any time during business hours. Documents presented for notarization must be completely filled out and unsigned.
  • INFORMATION PAPERS. We have information papers on many common legal topics available in our waiting room during all office hours.

By-appointment Services

WILLS/ESTATEPLANNING. A Will Worksheet MUST be completed prior to your appointment time. More complicated estate planning matters may require a referral to a civilian attorney.

CONSUMERLAW. Debt collection/credit reporting problems, real property and leases (Tenant only), identity theft, Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA).

MILITARYADMINISTRATIVE APPEALS. The following military-specific cases are handled on an appointment basis: OER and NCOER Appeals; FLIPL Rebuttals; Memorandums of Reprimand (GOMOR) Rebuttals; Others IAW Regulation.


TAXCENTER. Open during the tax season(Jan 31 - Apr 22).

SEPARATION and DIVORCE COUNSELING: Please note that only a state court judge can divorce you in a state court. AR 27-3 does not allow a JAG legal assistance attorney to represent you in a divorce. We will assist with the process by providing information, reviewing paperwork, and answering your questions.


Administrative Law

The Administrative Law Division provides legal advice andsupport to 19th ESC and USAG-Daegu commanders and their staff. Administrative Law attorneys advise on avariety of legal matters, including contracts and fiscal law, ethicsregulations, Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts, MWR activities, gifts anddonations, Family Readiness Group (FRG) activities, on-post fundraising,private organizations, and administrative investigations (e.g. AR 15-6investigations, Line of Duty investigations, and Financial LiabilityInvestigations of Property Loss).

Labor Law

Labor attorneys provide legal advice and guidance tocommanders, managers, and supervisors on all Department of the Army US andKorean labor and employment issues. Labor attorneys ensure command programs and actions are in compliancewith Federal law and regulation, and represent the command in matterspertaining to labor relations, civilian personnel, and Federal labor standardsenforcement before the Merit Systems Protection Board; Equal EmploymentOpportunity Commission; Federal Labor Relations Authority; National LaborRelations Board; Department of Labor; Office of Special Counsel; State workmen'scompensation commissions; and, the Korean Employee Appeals Board.

National Security Law

National Security Law attorneys provide advice to commandersand their staff on domestic, foreign, and international laws that control orinfluence the conduct of military operations. This includes reviewing military operations plans and providing adviceon the laws of war, rules of engagement, domestic law relating to employment offorces and support of our allies, and the legal aspects of civil affairs. As Army personnel stationed in othercountries, questions arise about the interpretation of international agreementsas well as foreign laws. NationalSecurity Law attorneys participate actively in negotiating, drafting, andinterpreting international agreements involving the Status of U.S. Forces. National

Security attorneys also observe and report on foreigntrials of U.S. personnel to ensure that the due process rights of U.S.personnel are respected, and to uphold the legal obligations of the U.S. underapplicable international agreements.

Criminal Law - Military Justice

Military Justice Advisors support commanders and militarylaw enforcement in maintaining good order and discipline by providing expertand responsive advice on all military justice and adverse administrativeactions; representing the United States in administrative separation hearings;and providing military justice training. Trial Counsel (or prosecutors) support commanders and military lawenforcement in maintaining good order and discipline by representing the UnitedStates in courts-martial.


Legal Trial Defense.jpg


TDS Mission: The mission of TDS is to provide a full-range of defense legal services to Soldiers worldwide, at no cost to the Soldier. These services include: Representing Soldiers at courts-martial. Representing Soldiers during criminal investigations and before involuntary enlisted separation, officer elimination, or grade reduction boards. Counseling Soldiers regarding restraint, nonjudicial punishment (aka Article 15), and any other adverse administrative action taken pursuant to Army regulations. 

TDS Phone Numbers: Camp Henry DSN: 315-763-4429. If you can't get a hold of Camp Henry's TDS, you can also call: Camp Casey DSN: 315-730-2433 or Camp Humphrey's DSN: 315-757-2572; 315-757-2573; 315-757-2574. 

TDS Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. - Suspect Rights

Monday-Friday : 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.- Court-Martials

Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 9-11:30 a.m. (Article 15's) and 1-4 p.m.- Administrative Separations

Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. - Administrative Separations

Thursdays: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.- Closed for Training


legal tax office 2.jpg

Check back after the new year for updated information on dates, times and locations.

Our Tax Center personnel will be available to answer all of your questions and schedule appointments during tax seaon. 

Please remember if you are married and filing jointly, your spouse must be with you to sign or you must have a power of attorney.  

PLEASE BRING WITH YOU: Your ID, social security card(s) or ITIN verification for you and any dependents, Intake and Quality Review sheet (Form 1314-C), W2's, 1099's, 1098's, Affordable Care Act documents (1095 and 1965 series), a copy of last year's federal and state tax returns, bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit, and any additional tax or bank statements.