The Education Staff provides quality services and programs to active duty, retirees, civilians and family members. Professional guidance counselors provide a full range of adult and continuing education counseling. Individual counseling is available during normal duty hours on a walk-in basis.
The education center on Tower Barracks is not a full service facility, but does provide classrooms, college classes and computer labs. The education center at Rose Barracks is the primary full office service facility for the community.
We have four institutions for face-to-face classes available for ID card holders. These institutions have contracts with the military to provide school representatives to assist with enrollment and support. They also provide online classes and degree plans. These include University of Maryland University College (UMUC), Central Texas College (CTC), Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) and the University of Oklahoma (OU).
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (UMUC)
- Vilseck: DSN 476-2462, CIV 09662-83-2462, Email VILSECK-EUROPE@UMUC.EDU
- Grafenwoehr: DSN 475-5226, CIV 09641-83-5226, Email GRAFENWOEHR-EUROPE@UMUC.EDU
- Hohenfels: DSN 522-4106, CIV 09472-708-4106, Email STAFF-HOHENFELS-EUROPE@UMUC.EDU
- NATIONAL TEST CENTER - VILSECK DSN 476-2825, CIV 09662-83-2825, Email NTCVILSECK-EUROPE@UMUC.EDU
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE (CTC)
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY (ERAU)
UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA (OU)
THE ARMY CONTINUING EDUCATION SYSTEM (ACES) TESTING SERVICES
- Academic Skills Assessment: TABE test - Test of Adult Basic Education
- Army Personnel Testing: ASVAB/AFCT, DLAB, DLPT, SIFT, OPI
- College Entrance Exams: ACT, SAT (military only)
- Graduate School Exams- information only for GRE