DSN 526-3007/3008, CIV 09641-70-526-3007/3008

Tower Barracks, Bldg. 500

Hours of Operation:

Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Closed U.S. federal holidays


DSN 522-1530, CIV 09472-70-522-1530

Hohenfels, Bldg. 33

Hours of Operation:

Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Closed U.S. federal holidays


> Mission:

We execute a proactive Antiterrorism/Force-Protection program to protect personnel, their families, facilities and materiel resources against any threat, including a terrorist attack.

> Stay Informed

During a large-scale emergency, the Emergency Operations Center activates communications channels which keep our communities posted about the emergency and any action that should be taken to minimize the impact of the storm or other emergency. These information channels include, but are not limited to:

Foreign Travel

Report Foreign Travel

Please read the DEFENSE TRAVEL BRIEFING, then complete the FOREIGN TRAVEL REPORT. Send your completed Foreign Travel Report BY EMAIL to the Security Office at USARMY.BAVARIA.ID-EUROPE.LIST.DPTMS-SECURITY@MAIL.MIL.

All Army personnel possessing a DoD security clearance will report to their security office all personal foreign travel in advance. Subsequent foreign contact will be reported when there is suspicion of attempts to attain information, in accordance with Army Regulation 380–67, Personnel Security Program.

Sites for Planning Travel

  • U.S. Army Europe and Africa Travel Safe - USAREUR's one-stop source on current travel restrictions, travel guidance and consular messages.
  • DoD Foreign Clearance Guide (FCG) ⚠ - The guide provides general information on foreign locations. It provides information on both official and unofficial travel. It is divided by region and then by country. Since the DoD FCG is directive in nature for all DoD and DoD-sponsored travel abroad, travelers must ensure they comply with this Guide.
  • U.S. State Department International Travel ⚠ - Provides information on travel planning, emergency assistance,country specific information.
  • Country Specific Information ⚠ - The DoS’s Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management (ACS) administers the Consular Information Program, which informs the public of conditions abroad that may affect their safety and security. Country Specific Information, Travel Alerts, and Travel Warnings are vital parts of this program. Country Specific Information is provided for every country of the world. You will find the location of the U.S. embassy and any consular offices,information about whether you need a visa, crime and security information, health and medical considerations, drug penalties, localized hot spots and more. This is a good place to start learning about where you are going.
  • Sites to Use While Traveling

    • U.S. State Department STEP Program ⚠ - The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S.citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You will receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans. It assists the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency and can help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
    • Alerts and Warnings by Country ⚠ - Travel Warnings are issued when the DoS wants you to consider very carefully whether you should go to a country at all. Examples of reasons for issuing a Travel Warning might include unstable government, civil war, ongoing intense crime or violence, or frequent terrorist attacks. The DoS wants you to know the risks of traveling to these places and to strongly consider not going to them at all. Travel Warnings remain in place until the situation changes; some have been in effect for years.

    Travel Alerts are issued for short-term events the DoS thinks you should know about when planning travel to a country. Examples of reasons for issuing a Travel Alert might include an election season that is bound to have many strikes, demonstrations, or disturbances; a health alert like an outbreak of H1N1; or evidence of an elevated risk of terrorist attacks. When these short-term events are over, the Travel Alert is cancelled.


    USAG Bavaria is headquartered in Grafenwoehr, as well as the 7th Army Training Command. The commander of the 7th ATC is the General Officer for Force Protection (GOFP) at U.S. Army installations in Ansbach, Garmisch, Grafenwoehr, Hohenfels, Illesheim and Vilseck. These are the current conditions:
    1. Can I wear my military uniform off-post?



    The Class A uniform (four-in-hand necktie with the long sleeve white shirt and coat), Class B uniform (ASU includes the army blue trousers/skirts/slacks, a short or long sleeve white shirt), and Class C (Army Combat Uniform), may be worn during travel between domicile and official duty locations and additional visits to off-post establishments such as restaurants and cafes, markets and shops, vehicle maintenance facilities, gas stations, drugstores, medical facilities, barbershops, and similar locations. Personnel should not stay any longer than required.
    2. Can I wear my military uniform off-post while traveling by motorcycle, bicycle, foot or hoverboard?



    See Nr .1.
    3. Can I wear my military uniform off-post while traveling by public transportation?
    Uniforms are not permitted on any form of public transportation. 

    Exception: taxis to another permissible location.

    4. Can I wear my military uniform at an off-post military function
    Uniform wear when representing the U.S. military at an official host nation function is authorized.
    5. Can I wear my uniform off-post to non-official events?
    No, But military commanders may request deviation from uniform restrictions from the first general officer or flag officer with tactical control of force protection.
    6. Can I wear my military uniform during a military exercise?
    Uniform wear while conducting military operations, training events and exercises is authorized.
    7. Can I wear my military uniform at an off-post hotel while TDY
    DOD personnel in off-installation hotels may wear uniforms when departing or arriving in an enclosed private, government, or rental vehicle.
    8. I'm in Garmisch. Can I wear my uniform between Sheridan Barracks and Artillery Kaserne?
    Service members are authorized to wear their military uniform when traveling directly between the pedestrian gate on Sheridan and the main gate of Artillery Kaserne.
    9. Can I wear my military uniform to pick up service members from the airport?
    Do not wear the military uniform when picking up personnel at civilian airports.
    10. Can I wear my PT gear off-post?
    Physical training outside the installation gates in the Army physical fitness uniform is prohibited. The only exception is when exercising between Tower Barracks Gate 20 and Netzaberg.
    11. Can I wear my PT gear off-post in the Netzaberg military housing area?
    Service members can wear their Army PT uniforms from gate 20 on Tower Barracks to the intersection of Henry Kissinger Strasse turn-around point.
    12. Am I supposed to remove American bumper stickers and decals from my vehicle?


    Remove decals and stickers from vehicles which can readily identify you as an American.
    13. Can I wear my uniform while traveling in a vehicle without doors (like a Jeep) or with the convertible top down?
    Service members should reduce their visible signature. Uniform wear is permitted in a convertible with the top up or in a Jeep with doors providing obscuration. Uniform wear is not permitted while operating with a top down or in a vehicle without doors as the driver (or occupants) is visually exposed and uniform wear is more noticeable.