Our mission is to provide quality support to all Military Personnel, Dependents, DoD Civilian Employees, Contractors, Retired Military and Retired Civilian Employees.
Our services include the issuance of Command Access Cards (CAC)/Identification Cards (ID Card) and DEERS record updates for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Families and authorized personnel.
References: Department of Defense Manual 1000.13 Volume 1 & 2, DoD Identification Cards: Benefits for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Dependents, and Other Eligible Individuals and AFI 36-3026.
OUR basic procedures
The DEERS/RAPIDS section of the One Stop offers both appointment and walk-in basis customer services. Customers must present two valid forms of identification (unexpired) when requesting service either as an appointment or on a walk-in basis (see link below “Click for a List of Valid Form of ID”). Pistol permits, organizational badges, student IDs and Medicare Cards without a photo will NOT be accepted.
Due to the high demand for this service, we encourage customers to be proactive when monitoring the expiration date of their CAC/ID Cards, and that of their dependents. To aid in minimizing wait times, appointments can be made up to a year out so long as the date is within 60 days of the expiration date of the CAC and 90 days for ID Cards. Please visit https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/#/ to set up an appointment or click the button below.
Customer Service Priorities of Work Monday through Friday: (A) Prescheduled Appointments, Service Member in uniform without dependents, EMS and Police on duty, in uniform(B) PIN resets (C) all others (Walk-ins on Friday only)
Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. Should sponsors not be available, this facility will accept one of the following: General Power of Attorney; Special Power or Attorney (stipulating authorization to act on behalf on the sponsor in regards to benefits/entitlements/ID Cards); DD Form 1172-2 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility; or a DD Form 1172-2 generated by the DMDC ID Card Office online (https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/rapids/unauthenticated?execution=e1s1) for sponsors who have a CAC and can digitally sign the document. DA Form 1172-2s are good for 30 days after the date of signature.
All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from their local security office or Supervisor with organization letterhead, confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen and all methods of locating the card have been exhausted. The individual will still be required to provide two valid forms of ID (see link below) to acquire a new CAC.
Documentation Required for ID Card Issuance
CAC: Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
- Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
- Contractors must be verified in the Trusted Associate Sponsorship System or Contractor Verification System
- Civilian employees and contractors should verify enrollment in DEERS before coming to the One Stop by calling 800-538-9552.
Geneva Convention CAC:
- Contractor – Letter of Authorization (LOA) issued by the Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker system (SPOT).
- Civilian – DD Form 2365, DD Form 1172-2 from local CPAC stating employee is Emergency Essential, or SF50
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders (only if this is the first time receiving a retiree card) and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Dependent ID: **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility within the last 90 days.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65), death certificate (if not previously provided).
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter.
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), current Dependency Determination.
Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or if there is a status change. For information on how to complete a secondary dependency packet, please visit https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/SecondaryDependency.html.
DAV-Disabled American Veteran (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID (click link below), DD Form 214 and letter from VA stating member is 100%. Personnel will be authorized commissary and exchange privileges only. .
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
ID Card Office Online (IDCO) is a self-service application that allows Service Members, DoD Civilians, Contractors and Retirees the ability to accomplish personnel functions online that were normally done in-person at an ID card office. Customers must have a CAC or DS Login. https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/#/
MilConnect Portal allows beneficiaries the ability to review personal, health care, and personal information from one reliable source, DEERS. Customers must have CAC, DS Logon, or DFAS logon. https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at (502) 335-9980 or 800-336-4416.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting https://rsl.dmdc.osdmil/rsl. Call the office first to verify location and business hours.
Requirements for DEERS Enrollment
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, two valid forms of ID and a letter stating they have not enrolled any form of health insurance. 2020-20 or 20-20-15 determination packets will be sent to the appropriate project office for adjudication prior to issuance of ID.
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court ordered document (if applicable).
Newborn Child – Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.
Dependent Stepchild – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined, appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside or Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity-VAP).
Adopted Child – Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card.
Ward – Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card.
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) – Two valid forms of ID (unexpired) and a letter from School Registrar Office containing the school letterhead stating that they are enrolled as a full time student and their expected graduation date.
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) – Current Dependency Determination*, Medical Sufficiency Statement and Two Valid Forms of ID (unexpired),
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and Social Security Card.
Disabled American Veteran – Two Valid Forms of ID (unexpired), Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and DD Form 214.
Retired Military – Two Valid Forms of ID (unexpired), Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter)
Inactive Ready Reserve-IRR – Two Valid Forms of ID (unexpired) and DD Form 214
If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call (256) 842-2413.
To be considered sufficiently dependent upon the Sponsor, the claimed dependent’s qualifying income must be less than 50% of
his/her expenses and the member's contribution must exceed 50% of the dependent's expenses. This can include:
• Parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, parent by adoption, or any person who stood in loco parentis to the member for at least five years prior to the member's emancipation.
• Ward of a court who is unmarried and placed in legal and physical custody of the member for a period of at least 12 consecutive months.
For more information click for the Dependency Claims handout and the instructions for Parents and Dependency Determination for Incapacitated Children (example of Medical Sufficiency Letter).