To provide advanced training to law enforcement personnel in police administration, Army Law Enforcement Reporting Tracking System (ALERTS), law enforcement report writing, the Live Scan Management System (LSMS), the Combined Deoxyribonucleic Acid Index System (CODIS), and informative briefings from agencies associated with law enforcement reporting.
Training will focus on effective report writing skills to improve the quality of cases entered into ALERTS, the advanced functions of user management and capabilities of ALERTS certifying users as system administrators, searching and pulling data from ALERTS for analytical purposes, and case management. Additionally, students will train on the new LSMS and CODIS systems, along with receiving detailed briefings from the Family Advocacy Program (FAP), Crimes Record Center (CRC), and the Judge Advocate General (JAG) on current trends, issues, and best practices utilized in the field.
The objectives of this course are:
- Certify basic level ALERTS users to become certified ALERTS system administrators.
- Train and certify law enforcement personnel on the Live Scan Management System.
- Train and certify law enforcement personnel on the CODIS collection kit.
- Inform law enforcement personnel on the trends, issues and best practices utilized by agencies that support the law enforcement mission.
- Improve law enforcement personnel on writing proper, concise, and informative police reports that will assist in the extraction of analytical data recorded into the ALERTS system.