The Soldier and Family Assistance Center’s mission is to provide tailored, compassionate, and coordinated services to our Warriors in Transition, retirees, and family members. Soldier and Family Assistance Center will assist Warriors in Transition, Retirees, and Family Members to navigate and access critical services expeditiously, so the Warriors can focus on their primary mission: TO HEAL.
Transition services for non-Warrior Transition Unit Soldiers are available on a space available basis.
The Fort Belvoir Soldier and Family Assistance Center mission is to implement the Installation Management Campaign Plan by:
- Supporting and strengthening the resilience and balance of Soldiers and Families and maintaining a culture that perpetuates empowerment, inner strength, independence, and self sufficiency.
- Aligning Soldier and Family Assistance Center capabilities and services with Comprehensive Soldier Fitness that will equip Soldiers to maximize their potential.
- Building networks to support Army Families.
- Outreach to community and civic leaders to establish partnerships that enhance Soldier and Family Assistance Center capabilities.
- Developing and maintaining strong bonds with Soldiers, Families, and surrounding communities.
Individual needs require individual attention. The Soldier and Family Assistance Center staff offer diverse knowledge and skills to help our Warriors in Transition with their specific issues. Also, we want Family Members to know they are welcome and encouraged to use these services as often as needed.
We provide a comfortable, friendly, one-stop shop. The Soldier and Family Assistance Center lounge has a family-like feel with sofas, TV, games, computer (free wireless Internet), available for your use, whether needing a place to unwind, or while waiting to meet with our staff. Services include (but are not limited to):
- Information and Referral Services
- Entitlements/Benefits Counseling
- Financial Counseling and Assistance
- Child Care Referral/Reduced Rates for Warrior Transition Unit Families
- Resilience Training
- Identification of lodging resources for Warriors in Transition, Family Members, and Caregivers
- Army Wounded Warrior Program
- Social Services Assistance - Crisis Intervention and Stress Management
- Pastoral Counseling
- Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance
- Combat Related Special Compensation
We are located on Fort Belvoir in the