***Carrying concealed weapons on Fort Walker is NOT AUTHORIZED.***

All personnel (including but not limited to active duty, retired, National Guard, and reserve military and their family members; Department of Defense employees and their family members; and civilians who are not affiliated with Fort Walker) who desire to maintain, frequently use, or transport a privately owned weapon on this installation will register the weapon(s) with the Police Department (within three duty days if the weapon is to be stored on post or if the owner intends to use the MWR hunting areas or ranges).

Registration of the weapon does not replace or relieve individuals of their responsibility to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding possession, purchase, sale, transfer, and transport of weapons.

Weapons to be registered are NOT to be brought to the Military Police Station. Only the form bill of sale or other documentation indicating the make, model, and serial number is necessary.

Weapons Transportation

Privately owned weapons in vehicles will be placed unloaded in a holster case or scabbard and placed in the vehicle trunk or luggage or glove compartment or placed in plain view if the vehicle is not equipped with these storage areas. Ammunition will be transported separately from the weapon(s) in a location where both the privately owned weapon(s) and ammunition are not within reach of the driver and/or passengers. Motorcyclists may transport unloaded weapons in a holster.

Link to the Fort A.P. Hill Police Services Interactive Community Evaluation on-line card.