Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH)
The UPH Office is available to all service members in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard.
U.S. government employees and contractors are not authorized to reside in UPH.
- Command Policy Letter # 64 Single Service Member Housing
- DOD Guidance on the Use of Service Dogs by Service Members
Unaccompanied personnel sign-in at the UPH office, building 2913, room 220 (2nd floor, to the right), on Panzer Kaserne. UPH personnel will provide the housing brief that you need as an unaccompanied personnel. Bring a copy of orders and all amendments.
Unaccompanied Housing Locations
- UPH is located at three bases in the Stuttgart area: Panzer Kaserne, Patch Barracks and Kelley Barracks.
- Single Soldiers Housing consists of seven buildings; there are 510 barracks spaces at Patch Barracks, Kelley Barracks and Panzer Kaserne.
- BOQ consists of three buildings; there are 85 quarters total at Robinson Barracks, Patch Barracks, Kelley Barracks and Panzer Kaserne.
Single Soldier, Senior Enlisted, and Bachelor Officer Quarters
Bedroom and authorized housing entitlements
For E-7 and above, most senior enlisted quarters (SEQ) and bachelor officers quarters (BOQ) are small one bedroom, furnished apartments with kitchenettes or a common kitchen per floor.
E-1-E-6 reside in the barracks with shared or private bedroom with either a shared bath or common latrine.
Assignments are based on pay grade:
SEQs and BOQs are limited. Rooms for grades E-1 to E-6 are usually available.
For more information call DSN Phone: (314) 431-2082/2337 or commercial within Germany: 07031-15-2082/2337 or commercial outside Germany: +49 (0) 7031-15-2082/2337.
Shipping Full JFTR HHG Allowance
- Grades E–9, CW3, CW4, CW5, O–3 and above: 400 square feet net living area: living room, bedroom, private bath, and access to kitchen
- Grades WO1, CW2, O–1, O–2: 250 square feet net living area: sleeping/living room, private bath
- Grades E–7 & E–8: 270 square feet net living area: private room, private bath
- Grades E–5 & E–6: 135 square feet net living area: private room
- Grades E–1-4: 90 square feet net living area, not more than two per room.
In accordance with USAG Stuttgart local policy, all unaccompanied Service Members (SM) in the grade of E-1 through E-6 must reside on post when adequate quarters are available.
It is therefore recommended that unaccompanied SM's do NOT ship their full JFTR HHG allowance as your personal items will not fit in barracks rooms. Service members who DO elect to have full JTR allowances shipped will be required to locate Non Temporary Storage (NTS) and pay for the storage out of pocket (please note that storage facilities are extremely limited in Germany and having full JTR HHG is not adequate justification for CNA approval).
If upon arrival it is determined that adequate barracks space is not projected to be available for a service member within 60 days, the service member will be issued a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) to reside off post. Service members may at that point contact transportation and have their full JFTR allowance shipped to them.