Restricted access to Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield is still in effect for AIE Pass, AIE Card, and Veteran's Health Identification Card (VHIC) holders.  Passes that have been issued for Taxi/Ride Share, visitation or recreation are suspended until further notice.  For more information visit:

How to get through the Stewart-Hunter gates:

If you don’t have a Military ID:

If you don’t have a Military ID, we’ll have to do a background check on you before we can grant you a pass. You, and everyone in your vehicle, will need government-issued identification (such as drivers licenses or passports).

Note: you can also use a DD1173 or DD2 as identification.

If you have a Dependent ID:

No need to stop at the Visitor Control Center. You’re dependent military ID gets you on post without the need for a pass. Everyone over 18 in your car will need to show identification at the gate though (if they don’t need a military ID, drivers licenses will suffice).

If you have a Military ID (CAC):

Simply show your CAC to the MPs when you come through. You will have to show identification for everyone in your car over 18 years of age, however (they don’t need a CAC, just you).

Physical Security Division (DES)


Bldg 226

Bultman Ave

Fort Stewart, GA 31314


Visitor Control Center:

Mon. - Fri. 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat. - Sunday/DONSA 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.


Can I Uber or Lyft on post?

All Taxi/Uber/Lyft drivers require a valid Fort Stewart/HAAFvisitor pass even if the fare is a DOD ID cardholder.

Taxi/Uber/Lyft companies are NOT authorized access to theinstallation as a Trusted Traveler.

Must be vetted and issued a VCC pass.

Drivers will be turned around.

Sponsorship requirements for all passengers who are non-IDcardholders apply IAW AR190-13.

Soldiers and Family members must be aware that they will becharged their current fare and have to arrange additional transportation fromthe Gate if they are picked up by an non-vetted driver.

Fort Stewart HAAF Firearms Regulation

Persons bringing firearms onto the installation must comply with Fort Stewart regulation 190-11’s rules requiring registration of all weapons on the installation, unless exempt. Persons bringing firearms onto the installation must also comply with the regulations carry and use requirements. Fort Stewart regulation 190-11 is punitive regulation and violations of it may result in administrative action or prosecution under the UCMJ. Civilians who violate this regulation may be subject to administrative action and criminal prosecution.

Welcome Home Ceremonies

If you are arriving are to Fort Stewart or HAAF after duty hours follow these steps for entry on post:

1. Inform the gate guards you are attending a ceremony

2. Show your driver's license, vehicle registration, and insurance to the Guard (if you are driving a rental, you only need your driver's license and rental agreement).

3. The Guard will verify that your license is valid and will call your background check over the radio. This will only take a few minutes.

4. Once your check is complete, drive safe to welcome your Soldier home!

Note: this "quick pass" is only valid until the Visitor Control Center opens for business the next morning. If you wish to visit post the next day, please stop by the Visitor Control Center for a paper pass.

How do I get on post if I don't have a Military ID?

Stop at the Visitor Control Center on your way into the Main Gate. There, we will do a background check before you can be granted a visitor's pass. You, and everyone in your vehicle over 18, will need government-issued identification (such as a drivers license or passport).

Can I get on post with a dependent Military ID?

Yes. There is no need to stop at the Visitor Control Center if you have a dependent ID. Simply show your ID when driving through the gate.

What if I forgot my CAC or ID?

You have to go to the Visitor Control center to get a visitor pass if you don't have your military ID - or you can ask someone to bring it to you.

Do my passengers need a military ID?

No. If you have your Military ID, they can ride with you onto post but they MUST have their own government-issued ID. All Non-Affiliated personnel must have PictureID (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, etc.) Because of required 100% ID Check

Do my passengers need to get a background check?

No, not if they are riding with you.

Can I apply for a pass in advance?

Yes! You can apply for a visitors pass up to 30 days in advance. Call the Visitor Control Center for details.

What if my children have military IDs but I don't? Can I still get on post?

Yes, you can still get on post as long as you have your child's military ID with you.

I work for a Federal Agency. Is my ID valid?


I'm a state official with identification. Do I need a visitor pass?

No. Any state or city employee with a valid state/county/city issued ID can access the installation.

Are the rules different for bike-riders?

No. All persons, including bike riders, either need a CAC or a visitor pass to get on post.

Can I use my VA ID to get on post?

No. Your Veterans Administration ID with photo is not acceptable credential for access. Please visit the Visitor Control Center.

Can I use my Gold Star ID to get on post?

No. The Gold Star ID is not an acceptable form of identification for entry to the installation.

What if I'm getting married on post?

Provide a by name list of ALL guests, caters, etc. to the Visitor Control Center 2 weeks in advance. All visitors on the list will require proper identification or a DoD escort.

Are motor homes allowed on post?


Will the Guards search my car?

The Guards conduct random car searches often to ensure the safety of those residing on Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield. Any car that is traveling through the gate may by subject to these searches.

How to get a long term pass on Fort Stewart Hunter Army Airfield


Obtaining short-term and long-term passes made simple! Follow the steps on the flow chart and you'll be driving through the gates in no time!

Step 1

First here's the form you need:

FORM 2737-E-R

Fill it out and send it to your supervisor. We prefer you type it up.

Don't have a computer? No problem! Download the Adobe Fill & Sign App and do everything from your phone.



Step 2

Once you're done, your supervisor will submit it using AMRDEC or the Visitor Control Center.

In AMRDEC ⚠, please set the Recipient address at


Step 3

Step 3 is easy, just wait 72 hours for processing. If you don't get a call, you're good to go! Head to the Visitor Control Center to get your Pass.