The Tax Center is open seasonally and offers free tax returns for active-duty service mem­bers, reservists on orders for more than 30 days, retirees and eligible family members.


The tax site is between Normandy and Bullard in Building 7034. The center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and is closed for training and federal holidays.  


If you are filing taxes at the Tax Center, you will need the following documents:

Social Security card

Photo identification

Bank account and routing number

Tax documents, such as W-2s and 1099s

Other documents based on your needs, such as rental property docu­ments or childcare state­ments, etc.


There will be limitations on what can be on the return. Filers cannot have more than two rental properties on the return. If a tax filer owns a business, the business return cannot be done at the Fort Riley Tax Center, which includes Limited Liability Companies or day trading.


Although the Tax Center is seasonal, the Legal Assistance Office offers tax assistance year-round.  Taxes can still be completed for those with an extension.  The Legal Assistance office is located at 216 Custer Avenue, (785) 239-3117 or email