- Visitors are welcome at Rock Island Arsenal.
- A visitor pass is required to enter Rock Island Arsenal. (How to obtain a visitor pass)
- Visitors must complete a favorable criminal background check before entry.
- All first time visitors must present a valid state identification card, driver’s license or valid U.S. Passport.
!! Residents of Minnesota, Missouri and Washington:
read this important message regarding non-compliance of state driver's licenses and alternative means of identification
- Foreign Nationals are not allowed access, unless visiting for Official Business.
- All first time visitors must process through the Moline Gate Visitor Center.
- Visitors arriving outside of Visitor Center hours will be assisted at the Moline Gate.
- Visitors with a pass may use any gate.
- Visitor hours are from Sunrise to Sunset, unless official business, visits to families living on Rock Island Arsenal, or events are scheduled after these hours.
Security personnel conduct 100% ID checks at all gates of entry. Persons aged 18 years and older must present a state or federally issued picture identification.
Persons not possessing a DoD issued ID card must have a valid reason to access Rock Island Arsenal (RIA), must undergo a criminal history background screening, and be issued a RIA pass. Person(s) operating a vehicle are required to have in possession a current driver license, proof of current vehicle insurance and current vehicle registration.
UNESCORTED ACCESS DENIAL CRITERIA:
A check of the National Crime Information Center Interstate Identification Index (NCIC III) is the Army's baseline background check for entrance onto Army installations. The Senior Commander will, in the absence of an approved waiver, deny unescorted access based on the results of the NCIC III background check, when the results contain credible derogatory information. Such derogatory information includes but is not limited to the following:
· individual has criminal arrest information that indicates they may present a threat to good order, discipline, or health and safety on the installation
· if unable to verify an individual's claimed identity based on reasonable belief that fraudulent information was submitted in an attempt to hide identity to gain access
· individual has a current arrest warrant, regardless of the offense or violation
· individual is currently barred from entry or access to any federal installation or facility
· individual was convicted of any crime encompassing sexual assault, armed robbery, rape, child molestation, production or possession of child pornography, trafficking in humans, drug possession with the intent to sell or drug distribution
· individual has a US conviction for espionage, sabotage, treason, terrorism or murder
· individual is a registered sex offender
· individual has a felony conviction within the past 10 years, regardless of offense or violation
· individual has engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the US Government by force
· individual is identified in the Terrorist Screening Database as known to be or suspected of being a terrorist or belonging to an organization with known links to terrorism or support of terrorist activity
DENIED ACCESS WAIVER PROCESS:
Person(s) denied unescorted access to Rock Island Arsenal will be notified verbally, by e-mail or in writing and can request an Access Appeal Packet. Upon confirmation of the appeal process the individual will be notified in writing of Commanders decision. Notification will be either by USPS certified mail sent to the mailing address provided by the pass applicant or served and signed for by the pass applicant when they are at the Visitor Center.
Person(s) denied unescorted access may request an access appeal packet. Follow the guidance provided in the denial letter and access waiver checklist to submit a waiver packet.
Persons possessing a Department of Defense (DoD) or Federal issued identification card or a Rock Island Arsenal issued pass must present this document at the gate of entry before access is granted. All persons and vehicles are subject to random inspection prior to gaining access.
PASS APPLICATION US CITIZENS:
A Rock Island Arsenal DoD ID card holder is required to sponsor and validate access for pass requests. Contractor passes are valid for 1 day. Contact your DoD sponsor/organization for information on use of the pass application for an RIA pass.
Portal applicants, please submit pass requests up to 10 working days prior to arrival to allow for sponsor processing and background screening. The DoD sponsor/organization is notified when a requested pass is ready for pick-up at the Visitor Center. Passes requested through the application portal must be picked-up by the applicant within 60 days of notification or the pass is deleted. Walk-ins are processed at the Visitor Center or gate of entry in order of arrival. All pass requests longer than 72 hours can only be processed at the Visitor Center. Applicants may contact their DoD sponsor/organization or the Visitor Center to check on the status of a pass. (See information below on the Real ID Act of 2005 and how it may affect your request for access.)
Non-US citizens requesting access to RIA must have a valid reason for entry, possess a valid passport/visa, or permanent resident card must undergo a criminal history and background screening, and be issued a Rock Island Arsenal paper pass. For information on how to apply for a pass contact your DoD sponsor/organization or the Visitor Center at (309) 782-1337 or email to:email@example.com Please submit pass requests up to 10 working days prior to arrival for processing. The DoD sponsor/organization is notified when a requested pass is ready for pick-up at the Visitor Center and informed of the escort requirement. Passes can only be picked-up by the applicant at the Visitor Center and escort guidance is provided. Applicants may contact their DoD sponsor/organization or the Visitor Center to check on the status of a pass. (See information below on the Real ID Act of 2005 and how it may affect your request for access.)
THE REAL ID ACT OF 2005:
RIA no longer accepts for access purposes the state issued driver licenses (DL) or state issued IDs that do not meet the Real ID Act of 2005 standards. Person(s) requesting access with a non-compliant state DL or ID will need to present along with the non-compliant DL/ID one of the documents below to prove identity in order to be issued a pass or given access to RIA.
· US passport or passport card (not a photo copy)
· Certified birth certificate (not a photo copy)
· Social Security Card (not a photo copy)
· School identification card with photograph (high school and college age students)
· US military or draft record (DD Form 214)
· US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
· Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
· US Native American tribal document
· VA health card
Person(s) requesting access with a non-compliant form of identification and cannot provide a supplemental document as listed above, must be escorted by a DoD ID cardholder at all times while on Rock island Arsenal.
Rock Island Arsenal Gates of Entry:
· Moline (Main) Gate is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Rock Gate is open 6 days a week: Monday – Friday 4:30 a.m. – 9:00p.m. Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00p.m. Closed on Sundays
· Davenport (Government) Gate is open Monday – Friday, 5:30a.m - 8:15 a.m. and 2:00p.m - 5:30 p.m. Closed on Sat & Sun.
Special Event hours will be posted in support of those events.
Rock Island Arsenal Visitor Center:
- The Visitor Center is located at the Moline (Main) Gate in building 23. Open 7 days a week.
Monday through Friday (6:00 AM to 3:30 PM) Saturday and Sunday (7:30 AM to 3:30 PM)
The Visitor Center phone numbers are:
· (309) 782-0484
· (309) 782-0485
Visitor Center email contact information is:
Moline Gate Visitor Center Hours
- Monday through Friday (6:00 AM to 3:15 PM)
- Saturday and Sunday (7:00 AM to 3:15 PM)
Rock Island Arsenal is a Department of Defense and US Army facility. All vehicles and persons are subject to search and privately owned weapons are not allowed.
To contact the Visitor Center, call (309)782-0485, (309)782-0484 or (309)782-1337 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.