HOURS OF OPERATION
Our duty hours are Monday to Friday 0800 to 1700. Mobilization and Demobilization processes will begin upon sign in at the MFGI. The exception being any federal holiday for which operations are closed. We have CAC enabled computers available to Soldiers in our process to complete MOB/DEMOB requirements.
Billeting is for Soldiers going through the process and is provided at no cost to the soldier. Billeting sign-in is located at Building 282, Ethridge Street, Pope Army Airfield. Billeting is open 24/7 to include weekends and holidays. After duty hours, you can report to Billets (see attachment), but during duty hours, report to Bldg. 397 (see attachment). Families and pets are not authorized to stay in the billets. ***** Because Fort Liberty provides billeting for processing, hotel rooms will be at your own cost. DTS/DFAS will not reimburse you. *****
Travel to and from the MFGI is a Soldier’s responsibility. There are no shuttles from airports to Ft. Liberty. Transportation to and from the billets and the DFAC is provided for every meal, 3 times a day, 7 days a week. The shuttle arrives at the start of the mealtimes. The MFGI provides transportation in the form of a shuttle bus to take demobilizing Soldiers to agencies required for clearing the installation only as well as DFAC from our billet's location and back to the billets. The proximity of the agencies required for Mob/Demob processing (all within a four-block radius) in relation to our billets means rental vehicles will be at your own cost (unless authorized on your orders). DTS/DFAS will not reimburse you.
Do not arrange departure from Ft. Liberty until you have received your REFRAD order at TSO during demobilization or you have completed mobilization.
Meals are as follows for soldiers who wish to eat in the DFACs:
· OCONUS Soldiers can eat in any DFAC using their MOB orders, without having to pay.
· CONUS based soldiers can eat in the DFAC but will have to pay the going rate.
Most of your appointments are within walking distance from the Billets; Bldg. 397 includes in processing, Briefs, Finance, ID Cards/DEERS, SRC (Medical) is across the street (Bldg. 307 Maynard St) and Dental.
You must be in Duty uniform for the Mobilization/Demobilization process (Ensure you travel with uniforms).
Mob: Orders must have FLNC as the MOB station otherwise the Solider or unit must request an amendment to process at Ft. Liberty.
The mobilization process consists of the following:
· Orders and any amendments
· SGLI and DD93
· We will provide MOB packets for Dental and Medical.
MOB Briefs (Mandatory)
****Mandatory Briefs begin at 0900 hours on Monday and Wednesdays. Mobilizing soldiers will receive their initial orientation briefs at 0900 hours and their Mandatory briefs at 1300 hours. Mobilizing soldiers must be signed in and in attendance for all required briefings.****
· MOB Packets
ANAM (OCONUS only)
Soldier needs to physically bring with them to their SRC appointment the following:
· Hard Copy Updated DD 93 (validated in iPERMS or the IPPS-A, digitally signed version).
Hard Copy Updated SGLI (Within a year/ the MilConnect/SOES, digitally signed version). https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect .
· 4 ID Tags (DOD Number, not SSN, as of 01 NOV 2019)
· Medical Records and Shot Record. OCONUS must hand carry a DD 2766, the Temp Medical Records (MEDPROS Print outs).
· Family Care Plan (if applicable)
· ANAM Paperwork (provided once the Soldiers goes to ANAM) (OCONUS ONLY)
· Must have done the Pre-Deployment Health Assessment within 30 days of SRC appointment.
*Soldiers must ensure they have completed the Pre-Deployment Health Assessment (DD Form 2795 at https://www.mods.army.mil/)) within a 30-day window of going to Medical.
****If you have not done your health assessment at the time of your SRC appointment, you will not be seen that day. You may have to be rescheduled for the next date*****
· Current Active-Duty Orders and any amendments
· Certified DA FORM 5960 (dated within the last year)
· Completed DD FORM 1561 (if applicable)
· USARC 30-R Officer Clothing Allowance (if applicable, must have a two-year break in AD service)
· Hazardous Duty Pay Orders for Jump Pay (Must be a FORT LIBERTY order for this office to pay)
· Orders and any amendments
· Original copies of documents in order to make DEERS changes (i.e., child’s birth certificate, marriage license)
*NOTE: All SMs completing a period of Active Duty greater than 180 days, or 30 days in support of a contingency operation, will be required to complete a Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE). A DoD-performed SHPE can be accepted between 90 days to 6 months prior to date of separation. This requirement will add time into future Demob process unless completed prior to reporting for demobilization.
DEMOB: Orders must have FLNC as the DEMOB station otherwise the Solider or unit must request an amendment to process at Ft. Liberty.
FT Liberty or the FT Liberty MFGI do not have the authority to extend anyone's orders.
Only the original orders issuing authority can extend orders.
IAW HQDA EXORD 140-17, we have up to 14 days to complete the DEMOB process. Soldiers are required to do their own backwards planning to ensure they arrive to the MFGI with enough time to take any leave they have as leave cannot be taken past orders end date and orders cannot be extended to take leave. This will allow the MFGI 14 calendar days to complete the process. The average number of days it takes to complete the DEMOB process is 8 working days plus travel days.
Orders end date- 30 Sep.
Soldier plans to take 30 days leave- Beginning 1 Sep
1 day of travel to home of record- 31 August
Demobilization processing (14 days) - 17 August
The Soldier needs to arrive at Ft Liberty on 17 August
*****IAW with HQDA EXORD 140-17 you will be in one of three statuses once you leave Ft Liberty upon completion of your Demobilization process: (1) Enroute to your Home of Record or Home Station, (2) Leave or (3) Assigned to an SRU. ****
****You must be in uniform for the mob/demobilization process. ****
The DEMOB process consists of the following:
· SGLI and DD 93
We will provide DEMOB packets for Dental and Medical. Soldiers will complete a DA 31- Leave Form and a Leave Verification Form.
****Mandatory Briefs begin at 0900 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. Demobilizing Soldiers must be signed in prior to 0900 hrs and be present at 0900 hours for all required briefs. Demobilizing soldiers will receive their schedules upon completion of the Mandatory Briefs****
· DEMOB Packet
Soldier needs to physically bring the following with them to their SRC appointment:
· Medical Records or Temp Medical Records (DD 2766) (Med Pro Print outs)
· Any LODs (DA Form 2173) from current period of active duty
· Must have done the Post-Deployment Health Assessment within 30 days. *
· If you have been seen by a civilian provider whilst on AD, bring all documentation with you.
*Soldiers must ensure they have completed the Post-Deployment Health Assessment (DD Form 2796 at https://www.mods.army.mil/) within 30 days of the appointment date.
****If you have not done your health assessment at the time of your SRC appointment; you will not be seen that day. You may have to be rescheduled for a later date*****
Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE)
All SMs completing a period of active duty greater than 180 days, or 30 days in support of a contingency operation, will be required to complete a Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE). A DoD-performed SHPE can be accepted between 90 days to 12 months prior to date of separation. If not completed prior to Demob, a SM must complete one of the following:
- SM will attend the SHPE after completing their portion of the DD 2807-1 and 2808 prior to appointment. SM will have fasting labs drawn and chest x-rays (if over 40yrs old). Additionally, a hearing examination will be conducted if not performed within 6 months. For the SHPE appointment, SM will be in PT uniform.
- SM will complete a declination memo if they refuse or fail to comply with the processes necessary to complete the physical exam. The memo will be entered into the medical record system in lieu of the separation exam report.
SMs will choose their option and report to the Operations Mobilization Coordinator or Scheduler for SHPE registration upon Demob sign-in. Additional PHI will be taken with discretion for the registration only.
TAP (Transition Assistance Program)
Congressionally mandated and required for all soldiers on orders over 179 days. Please see the first attachment. This requirement can be done prior to starting the DEMOB process and is valid for 3 years once completed in its entirety. As of 1 October 2022, SMs reporting or reverting to an AGR position is exempt from completing TAP. SM will be required to provide the AGR order or an MFR sign by their O-6 stating the SM is returning to an active AGR position.
Clearance Papers (DA Form 137-2)
Clear the agencies listed on the installation clearance papers IAW AR 600-8-101.
· All series of orders and amendments (Title 10 ADOS or MOB, as well as TCS order (if on MOB orders) and all amendments
· If OCONUS for any length of time- bring Statement of Service/Overseas Memo signed by a CPT or higher verifying the date the Soldier entered country and the date they left (BOG only). Subsequent periods of BOG in different countries cannot overlap by even one day.
· Early REFRAD MEMO: Required for any soldier demobilizing earlier than 60 days of orders end date. This MFR must be signed by an O-6 or an O-5 if that is your First line General Officer.
· PDMRA Leave MFR (if applicable): PDMRA is calculated by the unit and must detail the pathway by which the calculation was derived. It must be signed by an O-6 or O-5 if that is your First line General Officer. AMPO will be the approval authority over PDMRA benefits.
· DA 31 and Leave Verification Form (provided by personnel section).
Transition Services Office (TSO)- DD Form 214
· All Orders and amendments
· Any supporting documents for awards, promotion, or education not available in SM’s iPERMS
· Financial Computation packet (provided by Finance)
· Installation Clearance Papers completed except for ID CARDS and Final out (received at the beginning of the Demobilization process)
· AGR: Soldiers returning to AGR status must show proof and will not receive a REFRAD Order. Soldiers going into AGR for the first time are not affected.
**** Any transitional/terminal leave used after demob will be accounted for during finance processing. SMs must complete an Absence Request in IPPS-A which can only be verified and approved by the MFGI government staff. Any absence requests approved by the SM's unit will have to be canceled by the SM and the approver. It will then be corrected/verified by the MFGI government staff when present for processing.****
· Copy of DD Form 214
· REFRAD Order
· Clearance papers
· Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP) is checked at this station. SM will be informed of eligibility, but the DEERS office cannot affect change or corrections to the status.
Should you have any questions regarding Mob/Demob requirements call or email:
Mr. Secrest: (910) 432-2651
Mr. Lytle :(910) 396-3035