Our mission is to provide quality customer service to Soldiers departing Fort Liberty to PCS for reassignment or Transition (ETS, Retire, or other separation) out of the Army.
Ft Liberty Out-Processing will provide Soldiers with an electronic notification of their appointment for picking up clearing papers.
All Soldiers departing active duty are reminded that a physical must be completed prior to separation.
SCHEDULING FOR CLEARING PAPERS-
WHAT YOU NEED!
2. APPROVED ABSENCE REQUEST(S) -End Date must be (1) day prior to Report Date for PCS
-End Date must be on the End Date (Retirements, ETS, Chap.)
3. OUT-PROCESSING APPOINTMENT FORM https://home.army.mil/liberty/application/files/7616/8935/2980/OP_Appt_1_Jun_23.pdf
4. DD FORM 7415 (ONLY IF PCS’ing)https://home.army.mil/liberty/application/files/3016/8935/2998/DA7415-EFMP_Query_Sheet__Jun_2009.pdf
1. Email documents to: email@example.com NOTE: Ensure you encrypt the email prior to sending. **You will receive an email back within 24-48 hours with the date & time of your appointment to pick up your clearance papers at this location.
2. If unable to email, drop off documents in Room 261 between the hours of 1300-1530 daily.
What can you do prior to picking up clearing papers?
CENTRAL ISSUE FACILITY – You CANNOT go through your AKO clothing record. To schedule appointments please call 910-396-7045.
TRANSPORTATION – SSC, GROUND FLOOR, MOTT LAKE MEDIA ROOM, BRIEFINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS: OCONUS: Tues & Thurs – 1000; CONUS: Mon & Wed – 1430; PPM/DITY: Mon, Wed, Fri – 1030; ALL SEPARATIONS – Mon, Wed, Fri – 0900. NOTE: This action can be completed 90 days prior to your departure, and you must have orders.
POST FAMILY HOUSING – If applicable, go to your Housing Management Office to Schedule the Clearance Appointment.
SFL TAP PROGRAM - (Separations Only) Complete all requirements and have your DD Form 2648 (Service Member Pre-Separation/Transition Counseling and Career Readiness Standards eForm For Service Members Separating, Retiring, Released from Active Duty (REFRAD))
ALL SEPARATIONS - DD 214 Review –
-For ETS, REFRAD, Unqualified Resignations & Chapters – Location: Transition Center, SSC, 2nd
Floor, Wing B -IADT/ADT – Location: PSB, SSC, 2nd Floor, Wing D, PSB, Room 266
Out-Processing (OP) Overview
1. The pre-clearance and final clearance stamp issuance are from 0900-1130 and 1300-1600 at Window 3 (Soldier Support Center, 1st floor, across from the ID Card Facility).
2. In accordance with AR 670-1 and Ft Liberty Reg 600-8-101, all personnel will wear the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) or Army Service Uniform (ASU) while out-processing to include scheduling the appointment.
3. The DA Form 137-2 (Installation Clearing Record) list those agencies specific to each Soldier's clearance requirement. Upon receipt of the DA Form 137-2, additional information will be provided during the out-processing briefing.
4. There are six (6) primary steps to out-process the Fort Liberty Installation. Soldiers can't proceed to the next step until the previous step is accomplished.
STEP 1: You must have orders in your possession. Soldiers on assignment to the Drill Sergeant Academy, Recruiting Duty, and Chapters are exceptions. Read your orders as they contain valuable information that addresses your clearance process.
STEP 2: Soldiers needing to out process "must" schedule an out-processing appointment (DA Form 137-2 pick-up) by visiting the Ft Liberty Out-Processing Office, located at the Soldier Support Center, 2nd Floor, Wing D, Room 261. Soldiers are required to drop off a copy of their orders, an approved DA Form 31 (leave form) with the Delegation of Authority. Documents may be dropped off between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays. Customers will receive an email indicating their scheduled appointment based on the individual's out-processing need. If the notification is not received with 24 hours after drop-off contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: On the day of your appointment, you will attend the Installation out-processing briefing and/or receive clearing papers.
a. The DA Form 137-2 (Installation Clearing Record), will be issued at your scheduled out-processing brief.
b. The DA Form 137-2 is personalized (Each individual is required to clear only agencies in column 13 that are not already pre-cleared).
a. Clear all specified Activities/Agencies/Places. The Installation Clearing Papers (DA Form 137-2) are valid for 30 days ONLY. You must report to Out-Processing Section immediately if you cannot clear in the allotted time.
b. During your out-processing, you will receive several documents, signatures, and stamps that must be verified, validated, or copied before receiving a final installation clearance stamp from the out-processing section.
STEP 5: Soldiers who are PCSing or separating/transitioning from the military, must return to the SSC to complete their final out-processing on their appointed date. Report to window 3, across from the ID card section, Monday – Friday, from 0900 - 1130 and 1300 - 1600 hrs. Soldiers must have all documents to receive the installation final clearance stamp (PCS) or pre-clearance stamp (separating/transitioning).
a. Soldiers PCSing must sign out with their unit.
b. All Separating Soldiers must report to the Transition Center to get their DD Form 214, then sign out with their unit.
c. Soldiers who are retiring must report to the Transition Center to get their DD Form 214, then sign out with their unit.
5. All Soldiers on reassignment instructions must hand-carry the following documents to their next duty station:
a. CONUS: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286 (Service Member Group Life Insurance Election and Certificates), DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data), and PERSTEMPO.
b. OCONUS: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286 (Service Member Group Life Insurance Election and Certificates), DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data), and PERSTEMPO.
c. OCONUS NON NATO ASSIGNMENT: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286, DD Form 93, PERSTEMPO, and Anti-terrorism Training Certificate.
d. OCONUS NATO ASSIGNMENT: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286, DD Form 93, PERSTEMPO, Anti-terrorism Training Certificate, and NATO Travel Orders.