Mission: Provide exceptional support and services that shapes, enables and sustains the manning and well-being of the force to ensure power projection, readiness and institutional strength of the U.S. Army in Fort Leavenworth by eliminating unlawful discrimination
Vision: To enable a high performance workforce within Fort Leavenworth through enhanced readiness and well-being by ensuring compliance and equality in all systems, programs and policies. Committed to Service – Enhancing Readiness – Sustaining the Army Culture.
The primary goal of the equal employment opportunity (EEO) program is to manage workforce diversity and to maintain a discrimination-free workplace. This is high on the list of critical functions performed by federal managers and supervisors. Equal Employment is the law of the land. Army employees and applicants are entitled to EEO regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender-identity and sexual harassment), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic information. Further, they are entitled to a workplace free from discrimination, harassment or reprisal initiating or participating in the EEO process.
The EEO Office ensures equal employment opportunity for civilians under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Maintaining a Discrimination-Free Workplace
Requires supervisors and managers to perform a variety of tasks and functions. Included among them are:
- Clearly communicating a belief in and adherence to the principles of equal opportunity for all employees.
- Taking prompt action to prevent or halt discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual preference.
- Making an overt effort to recruit a diverse workforce; that is, one which includes employees drawn from both sexes, as well as different racial, ethnic and age groups.
- Remaining aware of EEO responsibilities in the course of assigning and rating work, developing employees, and taking personnel action.
- Working closely with EEO and HR officials to resolve disputes promptly.
We welcome your feedback on our service:.
Go to our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Comment Card.