•Mr. Mike Whitecotton is the Deputy to the Garrison Commander, Garrison Fort Leavenworth, Installation Directorate – Training, Installation Management Command. He manages and directs municipal support services, mission critical infrastructure, and facilities for a complex installation supporting the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center (CAC). The community supports approximately 20,000 active duty personnel, family members, civilians, and retirees.
• March 2020-present: Deputy to the Garrison Commander, Garrison Fort Leavenworth, Fort Leavenworth, KS
• Oct 2015 – March 2020: Director, Plans, Training, Mobilization, and Security (DPTMS), Garrison Fort Leavenworth – Fort Leavenworth, KS
• Jun 2004 – Oct 2015: Deputy Chief of Current Operations and Senior Military Analyst, HQ, Combined Arms Center, G3, Fort Leavenworth, KS
• Jun 2003 – Jun 2004: Chief, Support Battlefield Operating System, Operations Group C, Battle Command Training Program, Fort Leavenworth, KS.
• Aug 2002 – May 2003: G4, Task Force Warrior, Iraqi Freedom, Tazar Support Base, Hungary and Kuwait
• May 2001 – Aug 2002: Inspector General, HQ, Fort Jackson, Fort Jackson, SC
• Jul 1999 – Jul 2001: Commander, 187th Ordnance Battalion, 4th Training Brigade, Fort Jackson, SC
• Jul 1999-Aug 1980: Various military assignments
• Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS 1992
• Master of Science, Management, US Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA 1989
• BS, Industrial Engineering and Management, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 1980
• City-County Management Senior Fellowship Program (CMSFP) 2019
• Continuing Education for Senior Leaders (CESL), Army Management Staff College, 2018
• Leadership Leavenworth Lansing, Leavenworth and Lansing, KS, 2017
• Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) Certifications for Emergency Operations