**Effective immediately and until further notice the Fort Knox Tax Center is closed**
The Fort Knox Tax Center is no longer scheduling appointments at this time.
Further updates will be made to our Fort Knox 2020 Tax Center Facebook page.
If we need to cancel or reschedule any appointments, we will call clients at the number they provided at scheduling.
"PLEASE NOTE: The federal filing deadline has been extended to 15 July.
Fort Knox Tax Center offers NO-COST tax preparation to:
- Active-Duty Soldiers (and other servicemembers)
- National Guardsmen and Reservists on orders for 30 days or more
- Military retirees
- ID-card-holding Family members of any of the above (Must bring SSN card for all persons listed on the return)
Call for an appointment: 502-624-0044
Fort Knox Tax Center can prepare most federal and state income-tax returns for individuals.
Where to go
Pike Hall, Building 1310, Basement
Knox Street @ Third Avenue (between the traffic circle and Eisenhower Avenue)
For the latest tax center updates, please check our Facebook page
What to Bring
Everyone must bring:
- Photo ID for the primary taxpayer
- SSN card for all persons listed on the return
- Last year's tax return, if you have it
Bring if applicable to your situation:
- 1099 or 1098 (student tuition, mortgage, pension, cancellation of debt, etc.)
- Power of Attorney or Special Power of Attorney (specifically for tax filing)
- VOIDED check (for direct deposit of refund)
- Day care information with the name, address and Employer Identification Number (EIN)—you will have to ask the day care provider for it
- For itemized deductions, a pre-made list of what you plan to claim, with dollar amounts (Our tax preparers will not perform the calculations for you.)
- For a personal home business, amounts of earned revenue and list of expenses for the business
- For rental property, records (for example, a property-management statement) for expenses to be claimed
- Documentation on energy credit for upgrades to your home (green-energy upgrades)
- For National Guardsmen and Reservists, your orders of 30 days or more