In accordance with (IAW) Fort Knox Regulation 600-8-101, All Soldiers will complete in- and out-processing in duty uniform.

Services Provided

Installation In and Out-processing



All Soldiers assigned, attached, or with duty to Fort Knox for 30 days or more, including Reserve Component Soldiers on a contingency or operational support mission, report to Rockenbach Hall, Building 2020, 159 Black Horse Regiment Road, Room 130, to complete installation in-processing.  If the Soldier is on permissive temporary duty (PTDY), they should report to their unit prior to reporting to the Processing Control Station (PROC CS).

During Duty Hours:  Soldiers will report to PROC CS for processing from 0730 to 1600 Monday - Thursday and 0830 to 1600 on Friday.  Soldiers signing in from leave during duty hours should have their Department of the Army (DA) Form 31, Request and Authority for Leave, and reassignment orders including all amendments.  Processing includes confirmation of assignment, publication of amendments (if applicable), updating personnel files, and scheduling in-processing appointments.

After Normal Duty Hours:  All Soldiers arriving after duty hours are required to sign in at the Department of Emergency Services (DES), building 298, on Gold Vault Road.  Contact number is (502) 624-1155.

Incoming Soldiers Requiring Billeting:  The DES will coordinate billeting with Garrison for Single Soldiers Private thru Staff Sergeant.  All officers, senior non-commissioned officers (NCO), and all married Soldiers, upon signing in with the DES, will report to New Garden Inn, 406 North Knox Street, Bldg. 1327. Contact New Garden Inn at (502) 943-1000.


Online Out-processing Briefing

This briefing intends to provide guidance for completing installation out-processing.  Soldiers will also receive information on agency locations and points of contact for the various agencies on Fort Knox.  It is our goal to provide all information needed for Soldiers to out-process efficiently.

Online Out-processing Briefing (Please select 'Save')



All Soldiers within 20-60 days of permanent change of station (PCS), expiration of term of service, retiring, or transitioning from the Army, are required to attend an out processing briefing IAW Army Regulation (AR) 600-8-101.  Installation out-processing briefings are on the second and fourth Thursday of the month at 1430.  Briefings are at Rockenbach Hall, Building 2020, 159 Black Horse Regiment Road, in room 130.  Soldiers may attend the briefing without documentation; however, PROC CS will not issue clearance papers until they receive all required documents:

  • Orders, including amendments
  • Approved DA Form 31, Request and Authority for Leave
  • Army Career Tracker out-processing survey
  • Passport verification form (if applicable).  Note: Personnel driving to Alaska will require a passport.

For information pertaining to this briefing, call (502) 626-0183.


Clearance Papers

DA Forms 137-1, Unit Clearance Record,  issued by the Soldier’s unit S1.

DA Form 137-2, Installation Clearance Record,  issued by the PROC-CS 10 duty days prior to departure for all personnel.  The departure date is determined by factoring in leave, PTDY, and transitional leave.

Final Out-processing Appointment

Bring the following documents to the PROC CS on the final out-processing date:

            Installation Support Modules (ISM) checklist

            DA Form 137-1, signed by the Commander, 1SG, or S1

            DA Form 31, with control number

            Servicemember’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI) Online Enrollment System (SOES) Certificate of Coverage

            Department of Defense (DD) Form 2648, Service Member Pre-Separation/Transition Counseling and Career Readiness Standards eForm

            Most recent Leave and Earning Statement (LES)


Required Documents for Permanent Party Out-processing

  • Dental Records - Jordan Dental Clinic (502) 626-8301
  • Medical Records – Ireland Army Health Clinic (IAHC) Outpatient Records (502) 624-9490
  • Immunization Records - IAHC Immunization Clinic (502) 624-9149
  • Central Issuing Facility (CIF) records (DA Form 3645, Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment Record)
  • Common Access Card (CAC) –Soldiers that do not have a CAC should go to the Identification (ID) Card/Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Section prior to their out-processing date to have a CAC issued.
  • Identification tags (2 sets)
  • Medical warning tags (If applicable) - IAHC (800) 493-9602
  • PCS orders with all amendments (3 copies)
  • DA Form 4036, Medical/Dental Preparation for Overseas Movement (if applicable) (502) 624-7476
  • DA Form 5305-R, Family Care Plan (If applicable)
  • DA Form 31, Request and Authority for Leave - Leave Form - Losing Unit
  • Soldiers ranked SGT and above - NCOER/OER as applicable or a Memorandum from the BN S1


TDY for 90 Days or More

IAW AR 600-8-101:  Personnel Processing and DA PAM 600-8-101, Personnel Processing, all personnel in a temporary duty status for 90 days or more are required to out-process through PROC CS.  DA Form 137-2, Installation Clearance Record, will be issued by PROC CS.