Mission: Welcome to the Fort Johnson Equal Employment Opportunity Web Page. It is the policy of JRTC and Fort Johnson that all employees and applicants for employment be free from discrimination in employment based on race, race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age (40+), mental or physical disability, genetic information or reprisal for prior EEO activity.
The primary goal of the EEO program is to manage workforce diversity and to maintain a discrimination-free workplace. This requires supervisors and managers to perform a variety of tasks and functions. Included among them are:
- Clearly communicating a belief in and adherence to the principles of equal opportunity for all employees.
- Taking prompt action to prevent or halt discrimination or harassment.
- Making an overt effort to recruit a diverse workforce; that is, one which includes employees drawn from both sexes, as well as different racial, ethnic and age groups.
- Remaining aware of EEO responsibilities in the course of assigning and rating work, developing employees, and taking personnel actions.
- Working closely with EEO and HR officials to resolve disputes promptly and at the lowest level.
- Recognizing and valuing the differences that a diverse array of people bring to the accomplishment of organizational tasks.
- Promoting positive attitudes towards all members of the work group.
In order to accomplish this, the EEO offers the following services:
- Policy, Plans and Practices Development and Review
- EEO, Anti-Harassment and NO FEAR training
- Workforce Analysis and Demographic studies
- Advisory Services
- Human Capital Training
- Supervisory Training
- Assistance with Reasonable Accommodation Requests (Disability and Religion)
- Focus Group sessions
- EEO Complaints Processing
- Special Emphasis Program Committee Activities