In 1776, Gen. George Washington, commander in chief of the Continental Army, issued an order to select exemplary men for his personal guard. This unit became the Commander-in-Chief’s Guard.
Company A of The Old Guard organized an updated version of the Commander-in-Chief’s Guard to honor this historically famous unit. The guard is organized as prescribed by Revolutionary War Gen. Baron Friedrich Von Steuben.
The color team bears a duplicate of the flag Washington’s headquarters carried throughout the Revolutionary War.
Members of Company A also appear at different times in other historically accurate uniforms once worn by Soldiers. The “tabactors” help to portray to the public the contributions America’s Army has made.