In the midst of living
· Take time to think — Our thoughts are the source of power. Tap into the wisdom given by experience and learning. Elusive answers are found in the next thought.
· Take time to play — Play is the secret of being youthful. I’m not talking only about hide and seek or swinging on a swing, but in attitude toward life. Playfully live and rediscover why you didn’t want to come in at dark.
· Take time to read — Reading is the source and foundation of wisdom. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
· Take time to love — Loving is what makes living worthwhile. To express your deepest feelings to another, to give us to another, is to be liberated.
· Take time to spiritually renourish — Spiritual renewal can be the rock of strength in time of trouble. To heal and replenish the soul through forgiveness, meditation, prayer and solitude will be the source of courage and strength in life.
· Take time to be friendly — Friendships give life a delicious flavor. Being kind and nice to those you meet opens doors of excitement. To create a friend is to have someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
· Take time to laugh — Laughter is the music of the soul. A laugh from the soul releases anxiety and stress that has accumulated and saps the spirit. Begin with a laugh at yourself.
· Take time to give — Any day of the year is too short for selfishness. Giving is to be given to and sharing with another lightens the heart.
· Take time to work — Pride in your work is nourishing the self-image and the spirit. To see accomplishment and achievement completes your identity and purpose.
· Take time to show appreciation — Thankfulness is the frosting on the cake of life. Appreciate yourself, others and that you have. It is from appreciation that we find humility.
So, today, live by taking time to do what makes life wonderful and complete.