Army Emergency Relief (AER) is a private, non-profit organization established to assist Soldiers and their Family members in emergency financial situations due to no fault of their own. Financial assistance is given in the form of an interest-free loan, grant, or combination of the two. Loans are repaid by an allotment. A secondary mission is to help Army Families with the costs of education. Scholarship programs are available.
Please bring the following for your visit:
- Military ID Card
- Leave and Earnings Statement
- Leave/PCS Orders
- Substantiating Documents (e.g. Car repair estimate, rental agreement, utility bill)
- Refer to the areas of assistance below for the required forms
Service and Assistance
- Rent, Utilities, Telephone
- Vehicle Repair
- Vehicle Insurance or Deductible
- Vehicle Payment or Repossession
- Funeral expenses
- Medical/dental expenses
- Personal needs when pay is delayed or stolen
- Other emergency financial needs.
AER partners with other military aid societies to enable local assistance for service members and retirees from the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. AER also provides scholarships toward education.
AER’s Education Program is a secondary mission to help Army Families with the costs of education. AER gives spouses and dependent children of Army Soldiers great opportunities for their first undergraduate degree.
Application form and information is online at ⚠www.aerhq.org.