Driving in Europe is very different from driving in the United States. While most laws are similar, roads are typically smaller, traffic patterns differ and there are far more motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians. Road speeds are also faster on the Autostrada, the Italian equivalent of the interstate, than most places in the U.S. Read below to learn about the steps necessary to get a license if you or your sponsor are assigned to Vicenza.

If you are not assigned to Caserma Ederle or a post in Europe, you will want to have an international license to drive in Italy. Be aware also that the SETAF license is valid ONLY in Italy.  U.S. drivers in Italy are strongly encouraged to get an international driving permit (IDPs). IDPs are honored in more than 150 countries outside the U.S.