What is IACS?

Installation Access Control System (IACS) is a personnel access verification system that connects a central database to all Installation Access Control Offices (IACOs), Central Processing Facilities, MP Stations, and access control points in USAREUR. It also provides an installation pass for anyone with authorized access.

How do I get registered in IACS?

    In-processing active duty Soldiers will be directed to the IACS office at the Central Processing Facility (BLDG 393) immediately upon arrival. With a valid CAC card, orders, and an additional form of ID, the arriving Soldier will be registered into IACS for the remainder of his/her tour. Command sponsored dependents over the age of ten, must be registered in IACS as well. They must provide orders, the no-fee passport with VISA, and present their dependent ID card.

    Arriving Civilians and Contractors need to provide their official passport with Visa in addition to CAC card and orders and/or contract. Command sponsored dependents over the age of ten, must be registered in IACS as well. They must provide orders, the no-fee passport with VISA, and present their dependent ID card.

    In the event that a Civilian or Contractor arrive without a CAC card, a sponsor will need to sign in the arriving individual and escort him/her to the IACO or MP Station (BLDG 4B) for an Extended Pass until the CAC card and dependent ID cards can be issued.

    Arriving on TDY orders? Please provide orders, CAC card and an additional form of ID. TDY Service Members and Supporting Civilians will only be registered in IACS for the duration of the TDY.

What do I have to do to out process IACS?

Bring Orders, CAC card and Out-processing checklist.

Once I clear the IACS office, will I be able to get on base?

Yes, the IACS Office (BLDG 383) can be one of the first stops in clearing. When PCSing, the IACS Registrar will set the gate access to expire 10 days after the departure date. For an ETS, this is not always guaranteed because a new CAC will be issued. The IACS office will register the new CAC for the expiration date listed on the card or the departure date, whichever is earlier.

Do my family members need to be with me when I clear?

No, the Service Member can clear for the whole family.

I am just visiting and hold a DOD ID Card, can I access the installation?

Most DOD ID card holders may come into one of our two IACS offices and register for the length of their visit not to exceed 90 days from the arrival date to the Schengen Zone. Registrars will accept the stamp on the passport and/or flight itinerary as record of entry date. Some DOD ID cards are not eligible (please call one of the numbers above for more information). To register, bring passport and CAC/dependent ID, the local lodging address and a local phone number.

Who has sign-in privileges?

DoD ID cardholders who are 18 years old or older and military spouses under the age of 18 have sign-in privileges. If this privilege has been suspended, it is documented in the IACS and will be checked by a guard in the IACS when the DOD ID Cardholder tries to use his or her sign-in privileges. Sign-in privileges are limited to signing in four individuals and their vehicles at any one time. Individuals who require recurring access will not use sign-in procedures to avoid the installation-pass application process or access-roster requirements.

How do I obtain a pass for a Family Member/Special Guest?

Notify the checkpoint gate guard that there is a guest in the vehicle and be prepared to pull over in the side parking lot. Once arrived at the check point office the guest will need to present their passport or personal ID (for example, German Personalausweis, Belgian Identity Card, Italian carta d’identita). The DOD ID cardholder will need to present their CAC/Dependent ID. The gate will keep the guest’s passport and issue them a visitor’s badge that will be valid for post access until 2359 of the issuing date. The guest must be accompanied at all times by the sponsor who signed him/her in at the gate. Before leaving the installation, check-out the guest at the gate office, return the badge, and retrieve the guest’s passport.

How do I get an Extended Pass?

    Follow the above instructions and notify the gate guard that an extended pass is required. The gate guard will make a copy of the guest’s passport, stamp, and sign it. The DOD ID cardholder must escort the guest to Building 4B. IACO will issue extended passes MON-FRI 0830-1600. The MP Station will issue passes after hours for visitors staying on a controlled installation i.e. Villagio Housing or Ederle Inn. Once the extended pass is issued, return to the gate to get the original document back from the gate guards.

    For Non-EU Citizens, the limit for the extended pass is 90 days. Please provide a copy of the flight itinerary and/or passport stamp that shows entry to the Schengen Zone. An AE 190-16A Form (DEC15) must be completed and approved for any passes over 30 days. Once the pass is issued, return to the gate to get the original document back from the gate guards before 2359.

    If the guest is from a barred country, please notify the IACO as early as possible.

    Service Members Residing in the Barracks must provide a receipt from the Ederle Inn that shows the room has been paid in full. The IACO will issue a pass that correlates with the dates listed on the receipt. If the reservation has been canceled or a refund has been made, the Soldier must immediately surrender the guest’s pass to the IACO or MP Station. The guest is not authorized to stay in the Barracks.

How do guests get on an Access Roster?

    Access rosters (AE 190-16F) are used for events that are nonrecurring and not regularly scheduled, are generally site-specific, and must be coordinated in advance by a DOD ID cardholder. Original access roster requests must be hand-carried to the servicing IACO or sent from an official e-mail address (for example, .mil, .aafes.com, .nato). Please see the AE 190-16 for more information on the access roster.

    The following are examples of when access rosters should and should not be used:

  • A DOD ID cardholder wanted to host a surprise birthday party at a Family and morale, welfare, and recreating facility and the guest list includes 10 people who have no means of access. An access roster is appropriate because the party is a single event and site-specific.
  • A sanctioned private organization (for example, dance club) meets Wednesday evening at 1900 and several of the members are LN employees. An access roster is not appropriate because the meetings are a recurring event. The participants must be signed in each week or issued an installation pass.