The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program increases the Soldier’s value to and competitiveness of the Army through helping Soldiers attain industry recognized credentials. Credentialing Soldiers improves Army readiness through retention of quality Soldiers, enhances Soldier career progression, and provides Soldiers with skills and capabilities reflective of civilian qualifications. Funding is provided for voluntary off-duty courses and/or exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential listed in the Army COOL website.
What Is Paid For?
Credentialing Assistance will pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam. Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed the $4,000 fiscal year limit.
- Soldiers must meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Soldiers cannot be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- Soldiers must have enough time remaining in service to complete the credential before separating from the Army
- Credentialing Occupational Pathway Tool 20190930.xlsx
- Approved Training Providers
- Questions to Ask Training Provider.pdf
- How To Activate a GoArmyEd Account.pdf
- How To Submit a Help Desk Case.pdf
- CA FAQs.pdf
- How to Enroll in a Credential Course.pdf
- Credentialing Occupational Pathways.docx
- CA Course Start Dates Calendar 2019
- CA Course Start Dates Calendar 2020