Through a Limited User Test (LUT), Credentialing Assistance (CA) is currently offered to eligible active duty, Guard, and Reserve Soldiers assigned to Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, and Texas and Kentucky Army National Guard and Reserve units.
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program increases the Soldier’s value to and competitiveness of the Army through helping Soldiers attain industry recognized credentials. Credentialing Soldiers improves Army readiness through retention of quality Soldiers, enhances Soldier career progression, and provides Soldiers with skills and capabilities reflective of civilian qualifications. Funding is provided for voluntary off-duty courses and/or exams lading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential listed in the Army COOL website.
What Is Paid For?
Credentialing Assistance will pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam. Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed the $4,000 fiscal year limit.
- Soldiers must meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Soldiers cannot be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- Soldiers must have enough time remaining in service to complete the credential before separating from the Army
- The Limited User Test (LUT) is restricted to:
- Regular Army (Active Duty) Soldiers assigned to Fort Hood and Fort Campbell
- Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Soldiers assigned to units in Texas and Kentucky (Title 10 & 32)
- Army National Guard and Reserve Soldiers assigned to units in Texas and Kentucky in an active drilling status with satisfactory participant designation and residency in the respective state
Eligible Soldiers can request CA for courses and/or exams that will be completed no later than 30 Sep 2019.
The Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program is projected to expand Army-wide in Fiscal Year 2020.