Attention Soldiers – If you are assigned to III Corps Headquarters, 1st Cavalry Division, 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Operational Test Command, 3d Cavalry Regiment, 1st Medical Brigade, 89th Military Police Brigade, 504th Military Intelligence Brigade, 36th Engineer Brigade, 11th Signal Brigade, 48th Chemical Brigade, 69th Air Defense Brigade and 79th Ordnance Battalion, your ID Card issuing facility is your Brigade S-1 in accordance with III Corps Operations Order 20-12-0705 updated and republished on 1 Dec 20. Please do not schedule an appointment or walk-in for service at the Fort Hood ID Card Facility. Your Brigade S1 has been staffed and equipped to provide this service. Active Duty Family Member ID Cards are issued at this facility.
Mission: The Fort Hood ID Card Facility provides Common Access Cards / ID Cards for Retirees, Family Members, DA Civilians and Contactors.
Temporary changes were approved by the DOD April 16, 2020 as a safety measure during the coronavirus pandemic. Detailed information is posted below. Please read through to the end of the page.
The Fort Hood DEERS/ID Card Office is open for appointments only.
Hours of Operation Monday through Friday 0800 – 1130 and 1300 – 1530
Phone Numbers are 287-5670 or 287-2518
NOTICE!! FAMILY MEMBERS MUST HAVE YOUR SPONSOR WITH YOU OR A POWER OF ATTORNEY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ID CARD SERVICES
In response to COVID-19 the DoD is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all DoD personnel and beneficiaries and to ensure continued access to healthcare and all authorized benefits. To ensure we are postured to maintain operations and to minimize the number of non-essential visits to DoD ID card offices, the following amended guidance was issued by the Acting Secretary of Defense for Manpower and Reserve Affairs for USID cards ONLY:
Uniformed Services ID Cards (UPDATED GUIDANCE AS OF JUNE 2, 2021)
If the cardholder’s affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued use as stated below:
August 31, 2021 for all Foreign Affiliates and their dependents
October 31, 2021 for dependents of Active Duty Uniformed Service Members and for Reserve and National Guard Uniformed Service Members and their dependents
January 31, 2022 for Retirees and their dependents and all other populations
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the Department or benefit eligibility shall be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reserves and their eligible dependents.
- Remote USID card renewals and reissuance shall be expanded.
- All remotely-issued USID cards shall be issued with an expiration date not to exceed one year from the date of issuance.
- Remote USID card initial issuance for first-time card issuance or replacement of a lost/stolen ID is authorized.
- Remote family member enrollment/eligibility updates are authorized.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Remote ID Card Actions and Required Documentation
Click here for Authorized Proofs of Identity
Click here for DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application)
Where to Mail, FAX, or eMAIL Documents: see posted address to the right of page
Click here for Pre-Arrival Checklist
The ID Cards Appointment Scheduler is an application provided by the Defense Military Data Center (DMDC). The DMDC hosts and maintains this site. The Fort Hood ID Card Facility does not control its availability or speed.
The ID Card appointment scheduler appears to work best with the Google Chrome internet browser.
When making an appointment you must make an appointment for each person that will need an ID Card.
Detailed Instructions for using the appointment scheduler:
Click on: “ID Card Office Locator & Appointments”
In the “Enter Location” field type “Fort Hood” and click “Search”
After the search completes you will see two locations
Location #1 – “Ft Hood MPC 1” is for CAC cards only (Military, Department of the Army Civilian, Contractor, and Volunteer Logical Access Credentials (VoLAC)
Appointments are for CAC initial issuance, renewal or lost/stolen cards. No rank updates or name changes.
Location #2 – “Ft Hood” is for all other cards (Family Members, Retirees, Disabled Veterans and Individual Ready Reserve)
Select the location depending on the type of card
After you click “Select” for the location you will then see a button at the bottom of the page to “Schedule Appointment”
Click on date for available appointments and choose an open appointment time that fits your schedule.
- All data must be previously input through Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC)
- Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification
- Click Here for Authorized Proof of Idenity
- All data must be previously input through Contractor Verification System (CVS).
- If going overseas, a Letter of Authorization (LOA) must be presented reflecting this information
- Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification (Click here for Authorized Proofs of Identity)
- Soldiers assigned to units that have a CAC ID Card capability will receive support from their Brigade S1. In an emergency, if the system is not operational, Brigade S1s should contact the III Corps G-1 who will in turn coordinate with the DHR for support.
- Soldiers assigned to units that are supported by the Military Personnel Center must make an appointment using the appointment scheduler above. Select Location "Fort Hood - MCP 1" for CAC.
DoD Reference Center
- Information on all ID cards, www.cac.mil
ID Card Online (IDCO)
- Update contact/personal information to include your email address on your CAC
- Create DD Form 1172-2
ID Card Site Locator
ID Card Appointment Scheduler
-Obtain proof of health care coverage