Dining facilities, or DFACs, on Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield will feature a special Thanksgiving menu for diners on Wednesday, Nov. 25. The USO will have to-go meals available for single Soldiers on Thursday, Nov. 26.
Menus from each dining facility are available at https://home.army.mil/hawaii/index.php/download_file/view/3946/1185.
The four dining facilities will serve the Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.:
- Bronco Café or C-Quad, 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Bldg. 357, Foote Avenue, Schofield Barracks
- Sustainment Bistro or K-Quad, 25th Sustainment Brigade, Bldg. 780, Menoher Road, Schofield Barracks
- Warrior Inn, 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Bldg. 2085, Aleshire Avenue, Schofield Barracks
- Wings of Lightning, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade, Bldg. 102, Wright Avenue, Wheeler Army Airfield
The cost for the meals follow:
- Meal cardholders must show their meal card and ID card.
- For family members of service members ranked private (E1) through specialist (E4), $6.85.
- For service members, retirees, Department of Defense civilians, family members and guests, $9.20.
Due to COVID-19, groups will be limited to five and tables will be distanced from one-another. Patrons are encourage to pick up their meals to go vs. eating in person.
The Fort Shafter USO Lounge and Schofield Barracks USO will offer to-go Thanksgiving meals for single Soldiers on Thursday, Nov. 26 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (No endorsement implied)
The Thanksgiving meals on Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield are part of the annual Commander’s Best DFAC Competition. The various DFACs will compete against each other for the title and bragging rights. Past competitions have included elaborate themed decorations, ice sculptures and centerpieces. The competition builds camaraderie and celebrates the holiday and Army traditions.