Our office provides a smooth transition for Fort Gregg-Adams Soldiers who are separating from the Army, ensuring final disposition of records, and counseling Soldiers on benefits.
Expiration of Term of Service (ETS)
- Attend a mandatory ETS briefing, which takes place on the second Tuesday every month in the Soldier Support Center, Room 125/125A at 0800
- If taking transitional leave, provide a leave form (DA Form 31) 45 days prior to the leave start date
- Separation orders are published 60 to 90 days prior to the ETS/ESA date
- The unit clerk signs for and picks up the orders in the Soldier Support Center's Transition Center
Separation Due to Physical Disabilities
- The Transition Center receives electronic approval from HQDA, Physical Disabilities Branch and notifies the physical evaluation liaison officer.
- The physical evaluation liaison officer is located in the Kenner Army Health Clinic at (804) 734-9349.
- The liaison will contact the Soldier's unit and provide the "no later date" when the Soldier must separate and request a leave form (DA Form 31) for permissive TDY (PTDY).
- The Soldier will handcarry a copy of leave form (DA Form 31) which indicates PTDY and actual separation date to Transition Center.
- Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) processing (DA Form 199) must be hand-carried to the Transition Center. Orders will be published within 24 to 48 hours.
Company-Grade and Warrant Officer Separations
Company-grade (LT and CPT) and Warrant Officers who are separating must report to the Reserve Counselor in the Retention Office for counseling prior to separation.
Officer Basic Course (OBC) Officers
OBC Officers who attend a course at another military installation prior to reporting to Fort Gregg-Adams for their Basic Course must ensure their reassignment orders cover attendance at both courses to prevent a break in service. If not, there will be a discrepancy in their DD Form 214, Military Service Record. For additional information contact, the Fort Gregg-Adams Transition Center prior to arriving at Fort Gregg-Adams.
Criteria determined on a case-by-case basis.
In accordance with ALARACT 037/2017 dated 111723Z May 17, effective 1 June 2017, the Army suspends the Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program.