Chief of Engineering Division (315) 763-4860 Building #1639, Camp Henry
Provides engineering support, contract services, and construction project management for the U.S. Army Garrison - Daegu. Directorate of Public Works (DPW) Engineering Division plans, organizes, coordinates and oversees execution of designs, preparation of services and construction contracts, and construction projects.
Contract Management Branch (315) 763-4861 Building #1639, Camp Henry
- Prepares service and construction contracts to include Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA)
- Performs inspection of contract work during construction and at completion for compliance with plans and specifications, assuring compliance with safety standards.
- Responsible for reporting construction and safety issues by the contractor.
- Verifies construction contractor’s progress reports and coordinates contractor payments with contracting and resource management offices.
- Assists contracting and legal offices in settlement of contractor vs. government disputes and contractor performance issues.
Project Management Branch (315) 763-4869 Building #1639, Camp Henry
- Manages all Engineering Division projects from cradle to grave (work order to design to construction completion).
- Lead for all project work who coordinates closely with requesting agency, Engineering Division staff, DPW offices, Garrison offices, legal office, contracting offices, and all other offices associated with the projects.
- Prepares all memorandums, memorandums for record (MFR), staff summary sheets, etc. for the division and Directorate pertaining to Engineering Division projects.
- Classifies work (new work or repair work) for DPW.
- Prepares project status reports for the Garrison command group and other Directorates as required.
- Schedules project meetings and responsible for sending invitations to meetings.
- Prepares responses to project inquiries.
- Works closely with contracting offices for successful award of contracts.
- Inputs project information into the General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS), the web-based enterprise resource planning system for the United States Army..
Design Branch (315) 763-5370 Building #466, Camp Walker
- Performs engineering services to include engineering studies, economic cost analyses, and project designs to include construction modifications.
- Performs technical reviews and evaluations for design prepared by others and contractor proposals for Engineering Division projects.
- Prepares rough order of magnitude estimates (ROM) and government estimates for construction projects.
- Provides structural engineering infrastructure safety inspections.
- Provides structural inspections for all Arms Rooms.