Fort Cavazos uses the Army’s Automated Installation Entry system at all gates. AIE leverages technology that increases security for Soldiers, family members, DoD civilians, retirees, contract employees and guests by verifying identity of every individual entering Fort Cavazos against FBI criminal and terrorist authoritative databases.
DoD ID card holders will register for AIE when they scan their DoD ID on the In-Lane pedestal for the first time, this initial registration process will take 10 -15 seconds. You may also register your DoD ID at the Marvin Leath Visitor’s Welcome Center; this process may take up to 10 minutes.
AIE registration expires when your DoD ID card expires.
When entering the installation:
· Pay close attention the guard’s verbal instructions along with their hand and arm signals.
· Approach gate slowly, ensuring that you pull close enough to the pedestal to scan your ID on the pedestal, being careful not to strike your mirror on the pedestal.
· Hold your ID card barcode-side-up and scan it following the instructions printed on the pedestal. The pedestal will show you where you need to hold your card.
· Once the card is scanned and validated the lane light will turn green and the gate arm will lift allowing you access.
· The guard may also request to scan your ID Card with a handheld scanner if so please surrender your card to them so that it can be scanned.
· Proceed slowly through the gate and onto the installation.
IF ACCESS IS DENIED, TAKE DIRECTIONS FROM THE GUARD AT THE GATE BOOTH AND PROCEED TO THE VISITOR WELCOME CENTER
If you are in a vehicle with passengers, proceed to the pedestal and scan your ID card. Wait for the gate guard’s instruction to move forward to the guard booth, then present everyone’s ID cards to the guard to be manually scanned through the system.
All non-DoD visitors to Fort Cavazos must have Real ID compliant form of identification and / or a valid passport from their country of residence showing valid entry into the United States of America.