DPW Environmental Division Air Quality Team has responsibilities of the following:
- Oversees the implementation of the Fort Cavazos Ozone Depleting Substances Management Plan/SOP.
- Oversees and implement policies that address compliance with 40 CFR Part 82.
- Tracks refrigerant usage for all AC&R equipment.
- Calculates refrigerant leak rates for AC&R equipment that contains 50-lbs or more of an ODC and maintain records of such.
- Reports leak rate exceedance to EPA via CDX
- Notifies shop supervisors of any AC&R equipment that exceeds its’ leak rate threshold.
- Coordinates with the EPA requests for extensions and or waivers for AC&R equipment that cannot be repaired or retrofitted/replaced within EPA timelines specified in 40 CFR Part 82.
- Maintains the refrigerant compliance database.
- Maintains a back-up copy of all service technician certification cards for all AC&R related work involving refrigerants or their substitutes, equipment registrations with Fort Cavazos DPW Environmental and service logs of equipment with 50-lbs or more of refrigerant.