If it’s a program or service,
an AFAP issue can IMPROVE IT.
If it’s a policy or regulation,
an AFAP issue can CHANGE IT.
If it’s a law, an AFAP issue can AMEND IT
If there’s a low-cost, creative solution,
You should PURSUE IT.
The Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) is an Army-wide program that serves as a platform for Army Issues pertaining to the total Army quality of life. It gives the community a voice to relay what is going well and what is not with how the Army conducts business with all members of the Army including Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve Components, Retired Military, Family Members, Survivors and Civilian Employees. This is a volunteer-based program and is open to all individuals who care about the Army, its Families and the Fort Campbell Community.
The process operates on three levels: Installation, Installation Management Command (IMCOM), and Headquarters/Department of the Army (HQDA). Since AFAP was created in 1983, there have been 117 Legislative changes, 162 Department of Defense or Army policy changes and 178 Improved programs or services/funding. Through this process, issues requiring actions are prioritized, assigned to a lead agency for resolution, and an action plan is established to achieve desired change.
Changes That Have Been Made Due to AFAP?
- Free Online Tutoring for Military Students
- Distribution of Montgomery GI Bill benefits to Dependents
- Annual Leave carryover increase from 60 to 75days
- Extended Educational Benefits for Spouses
- Dental and Visual Insurance Coverage for Federal Employees
- Military Pay Table (targeted pay raises)
- Military Thrift Savings Plan
- TRICARE for Life for eligible Retirees
- BOSS Program Policy
- SGLI Increases
- Minimum standards for Army Child Care
- In-State Tuition for Military Dependents
Use the AFAP Issue Submission Form (pdf) to submit an issue. Make sure you submit only one issue per form. Forms may be dropped off at Army Community Service, 1501 William C. Lee Road or emailed to email@example.com.
- Army Community Service
- Army Family Action Plan
- Army Family Team Building
- Army Volunteer Corps
- Exceptional Family Member Program
- Family Advocacy Program
- Financial Readiness Program
- Mobilization, Deployment and Stability Support Operations
- New Parent Support Program
- Outreach Program
- Relocation Readiness Program
- Survivor Outreach Services
- Victim Advocate Program
- ACS Virtual Training
ARMY FAMILY ACTION PLAN
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
William C. Lee Road
Fort campbell, Kentucky 42223
NOTICE: Accepting Appointments