Additional Free Training Resources
✪ Denotes an external link
Skillport ✪ will allow you to advance your career through Army e-Learning - Free Individual Training for Active Army, National Guard, Reserves, ROTC (MS III/IV), and DA Civilians. Train ANYTIME, ANYWHERE your schedule permits. With Army e-Learning you have access to:
- Over 3,500 web-based courses in Information Technology, Business Leadership, Personal Development, and Communication.
- IT certification prep courses/tests in MCSE, CISSP, C++, Cisco, Oracle and many more.
- On-line subject matter experts and mentors available 24x7.
- Skillsoft Books.
- ACE college credit course training modules.
- Customized Learning Paths unique to organizational training needs.
- Curricula mappings to fit your training requirements and help when developing Individual Development Plans.
- Knowledge Centers in Leadership, Project Management, 8570, and Microsoft Enterprise Solutions.
- Lean Six Sigma training for overview and awareness purposes only. It does not replace or count towards Army Lean Six Sigma COURSE WORK completion or Certification or count towards the attainment of an ASI or Skill Code.
- Army e-Learning Training Value:
- 1 promotion point for every 5 hours of training for Enlisted.
- Continuous Learning Points for DA Civilians.
- Flexibility to take anywhere, anytime at no charge to the individual or unit.
- Reduces cost per trained Soldier.
GovLoop Academy ✪ offers an extensive suite of online training videos that are free for registered members. Membership is free too!
Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI)
DEOMI ✪ provides several 30 to 60 minute courses on topics related to equal opportunity, such as:
- Conflict Management
- Trust in Leadership
- Organizations Commitment and Cohesion
Train Learning Network
The Train Learning Network ✪ offers training “for professionals who protect and improve the public’s health,” and many of the courses may be useful for professionals outside the public health field. Most courses are online, free, and supported by federal or state funding. Examples of courses offered include:
- 8 Steps to Building and Sustaining Effective Coalitions
- Addressing Unconcious Bias in our Language
- Coaching and Mentoring: Learning with and from Others
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- And thousands more.....
The MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR
The MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR, a component of the Installation Management Command for workforce learning and performance, is a vital force for driving business outcomes. Established in 1987 as a brick and mortar center for classroom training, today, the MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR also provides web-based instruction and performance support through its virtual campus available at www.imcomacademy.com ✪ with over 22,000 users. It is at the forefront in sustaining the Customer Service Program and automated professional development programs to both push and enable culture change across the enterprise. Additionally, the School provides support to the broader Family and MWR organization.
Currently, 26 active courses receive college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE) and graduates are increasingly transferring them to colleges and universities to receive college credits. The School has also been accredited as an authorized provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). As a result, the School is authorized to offer IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for courses that qualify. Since the School was established, employees have completed over 60,000 courses in various Family and MWR program areas.
Edx.org ✪ Free On-line Learning Opportunities
www.edx.org/courses✪ offers free, self-paced professional development learning opportunities. Auditing the courses is free, which means that you are not completing any graded assignments or receiving a certificate. There is also an option to pursue a verified track which will result in a verified certificate. This requires a payment anywhere from $49 to $325 depending on the institution, and completion of graded assignments or projects. This style of training allows flexibility to explore new topics at your own pace. If you’re really interested in obtaining the certificate then you can work with your supervisor for funding opportunities, or explore self-funding.